OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: how to clean barrel with FF3 or venom like sight ? Leave barrel on ?  (Read 2564 times)

Offline Bobby5

I just purchased a FF3 and was wondering how you guys clean the barrel? I assume you don’t take the barrel off since the scope is mounted to the receiver. What’s your cleaning process while sighting it in?  How often do you clean it ?

Offline SumToy

• Double Beard
    • sumtoycustoms
Clean like you did not have one.   Unless you drop it on the ground the recoil of the gun will be rougher then you can be cleaning it. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Offline Terry

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
I think he's worried about point of impact changing when you remove and reattach barrel since the optics are attached to receiver and not barrel itself.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Offline Bobby5

I think he's worried about point of impact changing when you remove and reattach barrel since the optics are attached to receiver and not barrel itself.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
Yes sir this is what I’m worried about if I remove the barrel.

Offline Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
If you tighten the magazine cap that locks the barrel on firmly, it should shoot the same. These guns lock together with consistency, I have never had my poa change when I removed the barrel. Good luck...
“Solo hunter”

Offline Bobby5

If you tighten the magazine cap that locks the barrel on firmly, it should shoot the same. These guns lock together with consistency, I have never had my poa change when I removed the barrel. Good luck...
thanks this is wha ti was wanting to know i appreciate it.

Online eddie234

• Longbeard
I mark the cap and barrel with a sharpie so I can tighten the cap to the same spot as when I took it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Online paboxcall

• Paintbrush Beard
  • That's this about that
I mark the cap and barrel with a sharpie so I can tighten the cap to the same spot as when I took it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Me too.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Offline Gmed

Me three with the sharpie....Between my son and I, we have 6 turkey guns with reflex sights. When we clean them, we remove the barrels and clean away, them reattach and match up the marks on the barrel band and magazine cap. Never had a problem.....