turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Sig Sauer Romeo 5

Started by misfire, January 22, 2019, 11:36:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

misfire

I have been using red dot sights for over 20 years, professionally and on all of my turkey guns. EoTech at work, a FFII and a SpeedDot on my two 12ga guns. Just recently purchased the Romeo 5 to put on my new 20ga. One main selling point on the sight is you turn it on, and after 2 minutes of inactivity it shuts down, preserving battery life. But once you move the gun, it automatically turns back on.
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

mrclif

The length of warranty is the only thing that steered me from them but I'm sure their a fine optic.

Ricochet

Quote from: misfire on January 22, 2019, 11:36:01 AM
I have been using red dot sights for over 20 years, professionally and on all of my turkey guns. EoTech at work, a FFII and a SpeedDot on my two 12ga guns. Just recently purchased the Romeo 5 to put on my new 20ga. One main selling point on the sight is you turn it on, and after 2 minutes of inactivity it shuts down, preserving battery life. But once you move the gun, it automatically turns back on.
How do you like it? I'm thinking about giving it a try on my 20ga.
-JP
Is it turkey season yet? I love the sound of thunder chickens in the morning...

Hoytrules

Hows the romeo 5 on 20 gauge?

MudCat

So far it's been fine on my 20 gauge. No issues with losing zero.

nmsshooter

Got one mounted on Stevens 301 and it's was easy to sight in and I'm happy with it so far.
Havnt hunted it yet but see no reason I wouldn't like it

MEbeardlover

I have one on my Ruger PC Carbine 9mm. I can't account for it on a shotgun, but it is super bright, easy to zero, holds zero after lots of use, and the "shake to wake" motion feature is great. We've all burned thru multiple batteries by leaving on red dot sights by forgetting to turn them off. In a hunting situation, this feature would be an asset.

Passport

Quote from: mrclif on January 22, 2019, 02:30:58 PM
The length of warranty is the only thing that steered me from them but I'm sure their a fine optic.

I have one on my AR and want to put one on my 11-87 and actually called them about the warranty. The guy said just scratch the lens if it goes bad Electronically. They just replace them. Guy was very frank about it as I asked twice to make sure I wasn't getting it wrong.

As to the auto shut off, mine takes any where from 3 to 9 minuets to turn on and comes back on with the SLIGHTEST movement so if it's in your hands it will never auto off.

Real good glass IMO. I will buy another