Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

You can only carry one pot and two strikers , what goes in the vest?

Started by Tomcatrav, April 09, 2020, 10:15:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomcatrav

Thanks in advance.  Dumb hypothetical maybe. But I look forward to hearing to what y'all have to say.

MK M GOBL

CODY World Class Slate w/Light Hickory Striker and a Diamond Wood.   

MK M GOBL

davisd9

That's easy, Crystal Screamer with Fowler Snakewood/Osage and Wenge/walnut
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Sir-diealot

Strikers are the easy choice, a Stuckey Tulipwood and a JHL Frogwood. If a third it would be an Ipe.

Call is much, much harder to choose. Well since this brings up strikers I will have to choose a pot call, so I guess either my Mac Green slate or my Stumpy Ceramic or my Sinclair Brass. To hard to chose just one!

I would also bring my Marlin Watkins Fiddle Paddle since it seems to be immune to the question as you ask about strikers which go with pot calls only.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Jbird22

This would change several times throughout the season but right now it would be a Jimmy Schaffer Mad Hen 2 with Tulipwood and Bloodwood strikers from Fred Cox.

wchadw

I'd have to go with Roberts green slate in cedar with his Rutland striker and Townsend snakewood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drk9988

John Sinclair Crystal over Brass Purpleheart pot
John Sinclair Rutland Dymondwood Striker

ManfromGreenSwamp

"First one to the carcass gets the most"
-T.Farley

"I'm livin ta rest, I was born tired"
-B.Button

Tom007

Brad Roberts Aluminum with his Two piece striker, and Sinclair  snake wood striker.
"Solo hunter"

Prohunter3509

Snead hot hen
M.Mcain black locust striker
Purple heartthat came withslate

va longbeard

A grey slate either a Platz cherry, Corder chestnut or a Darrin Dawkins walnut.

Can't pick just one, I would rotate those three in out of my vest though if I was forced to carry one call.

Strikers would be Corder diamondwood and Matt Mclain black locust.

I like green, red and purple slates but its hard to beat a good grey slate in my opinion.

MikeStaten

Lonzo anodized aluminum over aluminum in black acrylic pot and Lyman Dymondwood striker.   

MDTOM84

Paul Platz crystal over aluminum 2 sider with a Lyman dymondwood and Lyman bloodwood

StruttinGobbler3

Would be a tough call between the two, it would either be my Brad Roberts green slate or my older Halloran twisted sister. Would probably rotate the two. Would carry a dymondwood and a hickory striker. Probably the two most versatile strikers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

outdoors

Gaboon Ebony 3.50" Pot  grey slate / grey slate  Any strikers I'v used.   :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field