turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Gift for my Pastor

Started by Sir-diealot, April 09, 2020, 05:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

Two years ago somebody here posted a picture of a Preacherman (Jody Harrison) box call, I saw that and commented something to the effect of "That's cool, I have to get my Pastor one of those Preacherman calls somehow, this will be his first year turkey hunting" Low and behold somebody anonymously purchased a beautiful zebra wood and walnut box call for my Pastor. (Box call and picture of my Pastor with it pictured below. I'm the furry guy)

I wanted to get my Pastor something to match the call and contacted Jody about making him a pot call of zebra wood and walnut. Jody let me know it was done today and posted these pictures on his Facebook page. (Pictures shared with his permission) 

92584346_2614183805505451_8660461180520759296_o by Sir-diealot, on Flickr
92578552_2614183815505450_1584492926749114368_o by Sir-diealot, on Flickr

Now I just have to wait for this social distancing to let up so I can give it to him at Church. (Sorry, pictures came out in reverse.)
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Cowboy

Really nice looking calls. I'm sure he will love it.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Cowboy on April 09, 2020, 06:05:06 PM
Really nice looking calls. I'm sure he will love it.
I sure hope so.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

guesswho

Nice looking call.   Well played, I'm sure he will love it. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Sir-diealot

Quote from: guesswho on April 09, 2020, 06:19:20 PM
Nice looking call.   Well played, I'm sure he will love it.
Hoping we can get out some this year, he had some health issues last year.

John Koenig:

tomstopper

Very nice gesture

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Beards and Hooks

Very nice gesture Sir and calls as well.

Tom007

This is the real America, caring, sharing, giving back...... kudos my friend
"Solo hunter"

Kytomgetter

Well done my friend, passing it on. I'm sure he'll love it.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: tomstopper on April 09, 2020, 06:34:43 PM
Very nice gesture

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Thank you.

Quote from: Beards and Hooks on April 09, 2020, 08:01:03 PM
Very nice gesture Sir and calls as well.
Thank you for both compliments.

Quote from: Tom007 on April 09, 2020, 08:24:47 PM
This is the real America, caring, sharing, giving back...... kudos my friend
He has meant a lot to me over the years, we have butted heads a time or two, but I have always respected the man. He has given me some pretty good preaching over the years, this is the least I can do.

Quote from: Kytomgetter on April 09, 2020, 08:30:29 PM
Well done my friend, passing it on. I'm sure he'll love it.

Thank you and I sure hope some. Going to be tempting not to play it myself before I give it to him. lol I picked up a mouth call and a t-shirt from Preacherman (Jody) for myself.

John Koenig:

Muzzy61

Kudos to you. Really cool gesture, He is going to love and enjoy it.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

greencop01

Nice call and great to share an activity that touches our soul.
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

captpete

Very nice gesture!!  I only have one small issue.....when you gave him the box call you could have at least smiled for the picture!  :TooFunny:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Muzzy61 on April 10, 2020, 08:39:47 AM
Kudos to you. Really cool gesture, He is going to love and enjoy it.

Thanks, I hope so, can't wait til all this craziness is over so I can give it to him.

Quote from: greencop01 on April 10, 2020, 08:43:45 AM
Nice call and great to share an activity that touches our soul.

I know it sure touches my soul, when I had my car accident and could not really hunt for 17 years it was not the thought of deer, or bear, or elk all of which I wanted to hunt that kept running though my mind, it was turkey and the thought of getting my first one that kept running through my mind and kept me working with my doctor to find meds that would help me get back out there. I was able to get my first last year and it is something that did so much to bring me joy and bolster my confidence in myself. This year I will be calling for my landlords grand daughter and for my Paster a bit, I have never really called for somebody before and I am looking forward to it, even though I am a bit nervous about it.

Quote from: captpete on April 10, 2020, 09:40:07 AM
Very nice gesture!!  I only have one small issue.....when you gave him the box call you could have at least smiled for the picture!  :TooFunny:

I did not want to crack the lens. Actually I had a bad tooth at the time that had just been pulled and I was kinda self conscience about it, turned out it would not have shown anyway.

John Koenig:

NCL

What a great gesture to thank him.