turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Best sling for turkey gun?

Started by Bobby5, April 09, 2020, 11:40:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobby5

I have a couple slings i use for deer rifles and tried them on my 835 and there way short i can barely get it over my back. I was wondering if you guys could recommend a good shotgun sling that is plenty long enough to use with my 835.
Thanks

eddie234

Claw sling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RED NECK

I prefer butler creek slings over my claw slings but both are solid for a shotgun.I also have a few that I purchased from cabelas a few years back that are excellent,thick neoprene and comfortable.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

WildTigerTrout

Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Brwndg

Second on the Claw. Got mine at Walmart. Camo green!
"If turkeys could smell, you'd never kill one" - Bud Trenis my turkey hunting mentor & dear friend

Timmer

Timmer

All of the tools, some of the skills!

Tom007

Vero Vellini. Fantastic........
"Solo hunter"

Gobble!

RED NECK

Quote from: Tom007 on April 09, 2020, 02:31:25 PM
Vero Vellini. Fantastic........
I am almost 100% positive that this is the name of the sling I just received when I bought my bps 20 gauge.It is with the gun getting drilled and tapped,It is a great sling.

Tom007

It's a great one. Made in Italy, they come in green, brown, camo, wide, standard. They never slip off your shoulder. I will post a pic.
"Solo hunter"

Tom007

Here it is, I have a few of these. Last forever. This ones 10 years old......
"Solo hunter"

RED NECK

Quote from: Tom007 on April 09, 2020, 04:24:28 PM
Here it is, I have a few of these. Last forever. This ones 10 years old......
This is sling I got with gun.

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Sir-diealot

Only sling I ever liked is the one that came with my 11-87 back in the 90's I have tried many including high dollar ones and none have been as comfortable as that one. I bought the Allen Company Gear Fit Pursuit, Hypa-Lite Rifle and Shotgun Hunting Sling (Turkey Sling) last year and though the comfort was alright I felt it made to much noise when I was practicing raising the shot in my living room so whenever I would get to where I was hunting I would remove the sling.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

wchadw

i really like the limbsaver "kodiak air" is similar to claw