OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What kind of binoculars do you carry?

Started by kytrkyhntr, April 09, 2020, 07:22:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Click

Sixes

deerhunt1988

Quote from: TauntoHawk on April 09, 2020, 06:45:57 PM
Quote from: deerhunt1988 on April 09, 2020, 07:34:33 AM
Maven C.2 7x28s

Bout the only company that makes the size I was looking for. Dont need high power or low light capability for the way I use them. But I was surprised at how much light these let in and the optical quality.
I have a set of high end 8x42 but they are heavy, I just got mavens 7x28 for when my wife or kids go hunting and they are really nice for the $$ so nice I think when they aren't with me I will carry those for turkey instead to save weight

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Was starting to think I was the only one with the Mavens! They are the ideal turkey bino IMO unless you are hunting big open country out west just really need the extra magnification. Surprised at so many folks carrying high power, larger objective binos on here.

Don't be scared to give the Mavens a try...Much nicer carrying those 7x28s than it is a pair of 10x42s!!

Cut N Run

When I take them, I use Leupold 10 x 25 Gold Ring that I've used for 27 years.  They're compact with clear optics and  got a lifetime guarantee.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

TauntoHawk

Quote from: deerhunt1988 on April 11, 2020, 05:31:34 PM
Quote from: TauntoHawk on April 09, 2020, 06:45:57 PM
Quote from: deerhunt1988 on April 09, 2020, 07:34:33 AM
Maven C.2 7x28s

Bout the only company that makes the size I was looking for. Dont need high power or low light capability for the way I use them. But I was surprised at how much light these let in and the optical quality.
I have a set of high end 8x42 but they are heavy, I just got mavens 7x28 for when my wife or kids go hunting and they are really nice for the $$ so nice I think when they aren't with me I will carry those for turkey instead to save weight

Was starting to think I was the only one with the Mavens! They are the ideal turkey bino IMO unless you are hunting big open country out west just really need the extra magnification. Surprised at so many folks carrying high power, larger objective binos on here.

Don't be scared to give the Mavens a try...Much nicer carrying those 7x28s than it is a pair of 10x42s!!
They aren't as bright or crisp as my high end but I was very happy with the color saturation and edge to edge view. I've relied on my binos in places like Nebraska then they are worth their weight in gold but I've also been on deep woods timber hunts where they get used 2% or less and they are just weight.

Mavens are putting out really good optics for the money and the 7x28 is a really nice little compact pair

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Tail Feathers

Weight matters to me in the turkey woods.  My Bushnell 10x26's were the lightest I could find.  9 oz.  Great color and clarity and a lifetime warranty.  I'm pleased. 
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

REBELYELL

model94

Vortex Diamond Back 8×32. Great Binoculars for the money.

emptymag

Bagg-it Tag-it

I'm using a cheap pair of Bushnells my parents had on their bookshelve when I was a kid. They are 7X40 or 7X42's. Easy to manipulate and focus. Picks up a lot of light. I like the 7 power in the woods.