turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What kind of binoculars do you carry?

Started by kytrkyhntr, April 09, 2020, 07:22:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RutnNStrutn

I have 2 pairs of 10x42's, one is a set of Vortex Diamondbacks, the other is a set of Nikon Monarchs. I use them for deer hunting too. I use a pair on Bino-Straps that keep them snuggly on my chest and ready for quick viewing.
I'd love to find a pair of quality compact binos for turkey hunting, but everyone I've tried has sucked. Guess I need to look into the Zeiss or Leupold 10x25's.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

fmf

jmart241

OJR

Leupold 10X42's in a Leupold chest pack.

Beards and Hooks

10x42 Nikon monarchs, love them but do wish at times I had a bit bigger but fit in my coat pocket nicely when I wear the coat.

J-Shaped

The market is flooded with 8x and 10x options with very little in the mid-power range. I just picked up a pair of these little Kowa 6.5x32 Wide Angles and have been very impressed. I normally carry a pair of Meopta 10x42s for deer and western big game, and the optical quality is on par with them, or dare I say may have a slight upper edge. Time will tell as I've only been using them the past week. They look like they're going to fill the niche for turkey and will likely get a lot of use this fall in the deer woods.

https://sportingoptics.kowa-usa.com/bd-ii-xd-series/1424-bd-ii-32-65xd-65x32mm-wide-angle-binoculars.html

Tail Feathers

Just picked some small10X Bushnells.  Very light and clear.  I like em a lot.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Mossberg90MN

I have 2.

Bushnell 10x50- these are for glassing from the truck. They were on amazon for like $30-$40.

In field binos are Pursuit 8x42 that I bought at Cabela's for about $80.

I like my in field binos... seem to be fine quality. And didn't break the bank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spitten and drummen

" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Brian Fahs

Swarovski 10x 42 el in a marsupial harness. I do not hunt anything without these on my chest.

bigriverbum

I have bushnell 10×42 trophy for scouting

Vortex 10×25 monocular for hunting

vt35mag

I never carried optics in the past, but I ordered a Vortex Solo 10x25 monocular this morning to try out this season.
My need for optics is small, so if I am going to carry something it needs to be compact and lightweight.

Gooserbat

Athlon Cronus 10x42... should have gotten the 8.5x42
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

nitro

:emoticon-animal-005:
Quote from: jmart241 on April 09, 2020, 10:01:09 AM
Swarovski 8 x 30s work great

Same model I carry. 30 + years old and still fantastic Binos.
Royal Slam 2008

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

They call him...Kenny..Kenny