OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Call You Had the Most Responses From 2020

Started by va longbeard, April 09, 2020, 06:53:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b wilt

Called 3 in this year with my cheapest pot call, Primos Hensanity with a Woodhaven Hickory striker.

jmart241

Spring Creek Calls

Get em gobbling and on there way with my bloodwood over black limba short box and finish them up with a Martin diaphragm.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Yoder409

1st  ....... (by a big margin) Gooserbat Heckler

2nd ...... Tony Quarino paddle caller

3rd ...... Hally Caller Professional Series walnut slate
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

bobk

Steve Mann longbox

Sir-diealot

Bad year, not one reply from anything and I had out everything I own at one time or another. Many people here in NY saying much the same.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Beards and Hooks

Quote from: Sir-diealot on May 31, 2020, 05:05:56 PM
Bad year, not one reply from anything and I had out everything I own at one time or another. Many people here in NY saying much thec same.
Sorry to hear that Steve, I went back home (NY) 5th day of the season and hunted six days and heard no birds and seen one hen. Have had bad seasons up there but that was the worst down here in Pa. wasn't a whole lot better but atleast seen and heard some.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Beards and Hooks on May 31, 2020, 05:37:29 PM
Bad year, not one reply from anything and I had out everything I own at one time or another. Many people here in NY saying much thec same.
Sorry to hear that Steve, I went back home (NY) 5th day of the season and hunted six days and heard no birds and seen one hen. Have had bad seasons up there but that was the worst down here in Pa. wasn't a whole lot better but atleast seen and heard some.
From what I have read here and in other forums/media it has been bad all over the Northeast. I saw one right in shooting distance from where I was set up as I was leaving.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Beards and Hooks

Quote from: Sir-diealot on May 31, 2020, 07:19:17 PM
From what I have read here and in other forums/media it has been bad all over the Northeast. I saw one right in shooting distance from where I was set up as I was leaving.
That s a shame but silver lining hopefully he makes it till next year for you.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Beards and Hooks on May 31, 2020, 09:05:47 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on May 31, 2020, 07:19:17 PM
That s a shame but silver lining hopefully he makes it till next year for you.
I hope so. Time for bed, I am falling asleep at PC have a good night.

John Koenig:

Adirondacks89

I bet I went out 15-20 times this year hunted all over western New York 6 different counties didn't hear one gobble. Weird season for sure.

vt35mag

TJ's all walnut fiddle

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Adirondacks89 on June 01, 2020, 07:17:06 PM
I bet I went out 15-20 times this year hunted all over western New York 6 different counties didn't hear one gobble. Weird season for sure.

At least we were out there though. :D

John Koenig:

Loyalist84

All in all, Nathan Taylor's Red slate proved to be the only call that brought in birds for my father, and I split the difference between a Black Slate by Nathan, Jimmy Schaffer's Canarywood laminate Aluminum and a Josh Farley Small Talk.

TauntoHawk

Mouth calls are always my primary call and all I ran this season were 2 batwings, a Del crow hotness and Halloran natural born killer

Pot call it doesn't seem to matter what I buy each season nothing out produces the twisted sister for me

Box calls my primary carry is a Terry Baker bloodwood/butternut but we had a lot of wind this year and I had some good outings with an SS yellowheart/mineral poplar that simply screams

Scratch box the only one I ran all year was an SS holly/figured walnut with purpleheart striker - some of the best turkey sounds I can make come from this thing and it always seems to work well on high pressure beards that get blasted with loud boxes and poor mouth calling all season.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>