Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

MS 4/7/20

Started by 3seasons, April 09, 2020, 12:08:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

3seasons

Man it's been a tough one for me this year. A crazy outage work schedule along with a ton of pressure in the woods has made it an interesting season. 

I got an invite from my buddy Jeremy to go hunt the bird that got within 4' of his daughter and me opening day. I was hoping she was going back but she was at her grandparents so me and Jeremy took I Off after him.  Ended up with him strutting and drumming at about 150yds for an hour.  Bad set up on our part and the bird didn't do his normal deal.

2 days later were in there again and we hear him gobble in the distance. We make our way to the area he's in and pinpoint his location. I ease off down the hollow closing the distance on him and set up. Jeremy stays back about 40yds.  He's gobbling every so often and finally hear him fly down. You can hear him drumming like crazy. Finally he gobbled and has gotten around to my right. I reposition and wait for him to hit an opening. I've got my first MS bird of the year and he's a fine one. The Good Lord really blessed me on this one.
20.8lbs
11" beard
1 1/8 spurs

BBR12

Congrats that a fine bird!

3bailey3

Congrats, Great bird!

harleytom

Congrats! Stay after them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xarcher

Great bird Scott.  Way to break the ice in MS.  He's been avoiding getting hammered for some time.  Met his match for sure. 

Guns don't kill people.  Guns kill food.

paintbrush

Dandy bird right there. Congrats!

FullChoke

Beautiful bird. Congratulations.

Cheers  ;D

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.