turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Face Mask & Foggy Glasses

Started by TLSelf, April 08, 2020, 09:07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tlh2865

A cheap mesh mask is usually breathable enough that mine dont fog up unless it is very cold. Wearing it below your nose also helps if you're willing to do that

Stickbow98

The best product I have found to keep my glasses for free is called "Parker's Perfect".
I worn glasses for nearly 55 years, and have tried just about everything on the market,
homemade, or "best kept secret" voodoo crap out there! This stuff works for me.  :icon_thumright:

https://www.parkersperfect.com/product/parkers-perfect-spray-bottle-2-oz/

Good hunting!
"Have Bow & Benelli....Will Travel!"

wvmntnhick

Quote from: mossyoakpro on April 08, 2020, 10:42:14 PM
I just read today that cleaning your glasses with shaving cream will keep them from fogging...it was an article on folks wearing the protective masks these days and wearing glasses.

Don't have any idea if it works but maybe Google it and see what you can find??

Best of luck!!
I know that soap/shampoo works. Tried it on the bathroom mirror. Doesn't last forever but it most definitely works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TLSelf

Thanks for the tips.  The best luck I've had is keeping the mask just below the nose, but any little shift and the glasses fog up. I guess this is just another one of the inconveniences of growing older.   I will definitely try the Parkers Perfect cleaner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bbcoach

3/4 mesh mask.  Allows the moisture from your breath to escape quickly.  Make sure the nose piece is on the bridge of your nose not under it as this will redirect the moisture under your glasses.  As others have said, make sure you keep the brim of your hat down on your glasses to keep any reflection to a minimum.

jmart241

There was a good post on here last year that mossy oak neck gaiter from wally world for less than 5 bucks works great picked another one couple weeks ago

Sir-diealot

Quote from: jmart241 on April 09, 2020, 08:10:06 AM
There was a good post on here last year that mossy oak neck gaiter from wally world for less than 5 bucks works great picked another one couple weeks ago
Just bought one over the weekend and it was a no go for me.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

greencop01

I have the same problem, no matter what I use, fogged up glasses. Tried everything. Have a nat-gear net mask, even that fogs my glasses to a partial extent. I just live with it and own so many masks I'll always have spares. I believe in covering skin and don't feel right w/o a mask and can't use face paint. It does help some to place the mask below my nose. Interesting thread, thanks.
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

longbeards

I have to fight my glass's my whole life! I live and hunt WV so I fog on every ridge I pull. I try to go as light as possible and wear a half mask that ends at the bridge of my nose. Still for if not carefull!

I often wonder how many longbeards have spotted my glass's!

Kylongspur88

Put your face mask on and mark where your mouth and nose are and cut holes there. It helps. If I've worked up a sweat I'll just take it off until I cool down. I'm not totally convinced they're necessary so long as you stay in the shadows and stay still

leaf shaker

Quick camo face mask and pull your glasses out a little. had to start wearing glasses when i was about :z-guntootsmiley: 14 and just learning to turkey. found the mask at Walmart and personaly its the best

SteelCityArcher

How to Stop Eyeglasses From Fogging Up

Use Anti Fog Wipes to Clean your Lenses
Staring off with an easy fix, anti-fog wipes are the first solution to come to mind and the easiest to purchase.
The downside to this solution is having to bring your wipes along with you and having to stock up on them, but it is quick, and easy.

Clean Your Lenses with Shaving Cream
What some would call a "life hack", just dab a little shaving cream on the front and back of either lens, wipe of gently with cold water.

Rub White Soap on Your Lenses
If you just don't have any shaving cream lying around, you can also use white bar soap; remember not to rinse the soap of with water. Instead, lightly brush the soap of with a clean, dry cloth until your lenses are clear.

Use Anti-Fog Cream or Spray on your Lenses
Like using anti-fog wipes, a paste or spray has the same effect, but can be used in a number of additional applications

Consider A Water-Repellent Lens Coating
A more permanent solution if you are truly tired of having to deal with any and all moisture on your glasses' lenses is to get a pair of glasses with the lenses coated with a water-repellent lens coating.
However, this fix comes at the cost of being able to benefit from other types of lens coatings.

Clean Foggy Glasses with Saliva
Another life hack, this is by far the quickest and cheapest way to stop your glasses from fogging up. It may not be the best solution for sports, as the saliva can cause visual distortions; it also isn't the most hygienic option, and may leave your glasses smelling a bit...odd.
"I will not tip-toe through life only to arrive safely at death."

Know guns. Know peace. Know safety.
No Guns. No peace. No safety.

Sir-diealot

I just read today that cleaning your glasses with shaving cream will keep them from fogging...it was an article on folks wearing the protective masks these days and wearing glasses.

Best of luck!!
I have not shaved since 2001 you think the shaving cream in the bathroom closet is still safe to use?
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

owlhoot

Quote from: Sir-diealot on April 12, 2020, 06:58:23 PM

Best of luck!!
I have not shaved since 2001 you think the shaving cream in the bathroom closet is still safe to use?

Just like old U.S. issue survival crackers/biscuits, indefinite shelf life brother   :)

Sir-diealot

Quote from: owlhoot on April 12, 2020, 07:05:51 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on April 12, 2020, 06:58:23 PM

Best of luck!!

Just like old U.S. issue survival crackers/biscuits, indefinite shelf life brother   :)
So that stuff's still on the roller coaster?

John Koenig: