OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Anyone else notice??

Started by Bowguy, April 08, 2020, 09:07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowguy

Each year by March it seems turkey ammo is about gone. You can't find any. I shoot lead maybe that's why but if it's sold out they're selling it. Maybe someone oughta make more. What are guys doing up north? Seasons start later.

Wigsplitter

Yep and price goes up another 5 bucks during that time

wvmntnhick

Quote from: Bowguy on April 08, 2020, 09:07:29 PM
Each year by March it seems turkey ammo is about gone. You can't find any. I shoot lead maybe that's why but if it's sold out they're selling it. Maybe someone oughta make more. What are guys doing up north? Seasons start later.
Turkey season is but just a small part of the year. The shooting sports make up the bulk of the ammo used throughout the course of the year. If they make too much, the supply outweighs the demand. Prices come down and they lose money. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bowguy

I guess but if they made a little more they might sell more. They've been out since march most places. Some states are about closed. Some not opening for a month yet. Where are they supposed to get ammo from?
Lots of guys don't think 2 months out and yet that's too late to even buy any. Crazy imo

Kylongspur88

Don't know about this year with the Chinese sneeze ammo run but in years past some places get a late shipment that doesn't sell out. By winter it's on sale. Just have to check around.

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Gooserbat

Buy it when it's available.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

wvmntnhick

Quote from: Kylongspur88 on April 08, 2020, 09:37:51 PM
Don't know about this year with the Chinese sneeze ammo run but in years past some places get a late shipment that doesn't sell out. By winter it's on sale. Just have to check around.
^^^this. The pandemic had people buying anything they could get their hands on. Guys were buying turkey loads for PD.

dzsmith

Quote from: wvmntnhick on April 09, 2020, 02:47:23 AM
Quote from: Kylongspur88 on April 08, 2020, 09:37:51 PM
^^^this. The pandemic had people buying anything they could get their hands on. Guys were buying turkey loads for PD.

no different than people buying up 22 ratshot, frangible handgun ammo, and low powered target pistol ammo during a gun scare/pandemic....people just buy...If they had a Heinz 57 .177 caliber pistol during any chaos it would sell
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

dublelung

I buy during the summer and most of what I'm shopping for is in stock and often cheaper. Maybe you should consider that rather than waiting till peak season.
I'm personally glad all folks don't do like I do, it seems to work out great for me.

StruttinGobbler3

Same way for TSS. Apex loads are generally out of stock everywhere by the end of March. Federal TSS can usually be found a little after that, but options are going to be limited. I've still got 9 or 10 of my preferred Apex load, but I'll have to wait until next year to stock up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

Happy

I was chatting with a fellow I know that runs a sporting goods store a few days ago. He was collecting a bunch of golf balls and he handed them to the girl behind the counter and said "keep these for me". I knew he didnt play golf so I asked what that was about. He just laughed and said "I am selling out of ammo so fast I figured as long as I have golf balls and aquanet I can take care of myself."

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Old Timer

Bought mine early as I have been doing some testing. When this covid deal hit folks were buying everything. Turkey ammo also whether they needed it or not. I have some Federals to try, winchesters lb and double x. Picked up a couple more tubes also. Just need some decent weather here in the NE. Stay safe and good luck everyone!

Buckman84

Gander Outdoors closed down at our area and had everything in store at 75% off. So I stocked up on turkey load and broadhead.

Bowguy

Quote from: Gooserbat on April 08, 2020, 11:11:08 PM
Buy it when it's available.

This is obvious but consider when longbeard 20s for instance came out? Could you buy them early? No. Could you buy them very shortly after they first became available? No.
There's lots of shells like that.
I typically buy plenty extra. I've got some Winchester supremes and they haven't made it in years. Still on my old stockpile.  You almost need to hoard stuff. I'm def not running out of shells.