OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: 4th Annual NE Call Makers Summit & Guns 'N' Lobster Bash  (Read 7229 times)

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
4th Annual NE Call Makers Summit & Guns 'N' Lobster Bash
« on: April 08, 2020, 08:25:47 PM »
Copied from their Facebook page.

4th Annual NE Call Makers Summit & Guns 'N' Lobster Bash

Let's Get Back to the Good Ole Dayz.... Start by making plans to join us here @ Turkey Trot for a very spicial weekend especially if you are Hooked on The NWTF, Wild Turkeys, Good Food and Enjoy Hangin' with some Really Fine Folks in a Festive Atmoshere!.........

Attention Call Makers ~ If you joined us here last year we have your table reserved. Please confirm by replying below. Prices are the same as last year for the Summit/Bash.

'Guns 'N' Lobster Folks ~ Sean will be contacting last year's 'table of eight' attendees to reserve your table for this year.

Much more information is coming on event tickets and near-by lodging, ect. Pease contact us with any questions....Pete and Sherry
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: 4th Annual NE Call Makers Summit & Guns 'N' Lobster Bash
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2020, 08:29:24 PM »
I hope they are able to have this event as planned ...

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2020, 08:30:29 PM »
I hope they are able to have this event as planned ...
You and me both, have to hope. Hope you and your wife are staying healthy?
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Offline Happy hooker

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2020, 08:35:56 PM »
Don't wanna be a downer,,but a vaccine type discovery will have to take place to get people to new york state.

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2020, 08:38:17 PM »
Don't wanna be a downer,,but a vaccine type discovery will have to take place to get people to new york state.
  X2 ..so agree

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2020, 08:46:17 PM »

X2 ..so agree

There has to be a lot, but we have to plan our lives as if things are normal and hope for the best. I refuse to live my life in fear. I am sure if things have not cooled down by then this will also be canceled.

John Koenig:

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2020, 09:20:27 PM »

X2 ..so agree

There has to be a lot, but we have to plan our lives as if things are normal and hope for the best. I refuse to live my life in fear. I am sure if things have not cooled down by then this will also be canceled.
It's not so much living in fear , it just not knowing what all we haven't been told about this virus.

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2020, 10:50:14 PM »

X2 ..so agree

It's not so much living in fear , it just not knowing what all we haven't been told about this virus.
I understand, I will tell you this much, I do not beleive for a second it was created because of a wet market, they have been around for 1000's of years in the case of the Chinese and hundreds of years here in America.

John Koenig:

Offline TravisB

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2020, 08:31:45 AM »

X2 ..so agree

I understand, I will tell you this much, I do not beleive for a second it was created because of a wet market, they have been around for 1000's of years in the case of the Chinese and hundreds of years here in America.
And wet markets are notorious for being the origin of many viruses. Why wouldn’t you believe this one came from there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Terry

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2020, 11:44:29 AM »
What's the name of their Facebook page?

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2020, 11:54:33 AM »

X2 ..so agree

And wet markets are notorious for being the origin of many viruses. Why wouldn’t you believe this one came from there?

Because they have been around for 1000's of years in China and hundreds here in America, I think they are used as a scapegoat. I find it much more interesting that there was a place that deals in biologic weapons just a few blocks away from where they say this started.
https://www.ccn.com/israeli-analyst-one-coronavirus-conspiracy-theory-less-crazy-than-you-think/

Turkey Trot Acres Lodge

https://www.facebook.com/TurkeyTrot/

John Koenig:

Offline sixbird

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2020, 01:18:21 PM »
Can't disagree with you Sir...It's just too coincidental...

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2020, 01:37:00 PM »
Can't disagree with you Sir...It's just too coincidental...
Yep, and actually there are several there, I had only known of the one.

John Koenig:

Offline NCL

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2020, 11:02:20 AM »

X2 ..so agree

Because they have been around for 1000's of years in China and hundreds here in America, I think they are used as a scapegoat. I find it much more interesting that there was a place that deals in biologic weapons just a few blocks away from where they say this started.
https://www.ccn.com/israeli-analyst-one-coronavirus-conspiracy-theory-less-crazy-than-you-think/

Turkey Trot Acres Lodge

While it may be true these markets have been around for a 1000 years rapid world wide travel has only been around for about 50 to 60 years. Several years ago there was a presentation on a world wide pandemic and they talked about a person leaving a hot zone infected by a contagious infection could be any where in the world in under 24 hours. In the process going through one or more major airports coming in contact with thousands of people who headed to multiple destination.  There is also a contagious factor used in the spread of virus's, called RO or R aught, which calculates the rate of spread. So if the RO is 3, then those 3 contact 3 so the infection is 9, and so on, in 15 days the infection is in the millions. There is calls to shut these "wet" markets down because there are other virus outbreaks that have been traced back to then as the origin. The other factor is the level of health inspection these market may or may not receive.

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2020, 11:12:11 AM »

X2 ..so agree

Turkey Trot Acres Lodge

While it may be true these markets have been around for a 1000 years rapid world wide travel has only been around for about 50 to 60 years. Several years ago there was a presentation on a world wide pandemic and they talked about a person leaving a hot zone infected by a contagious infection could be any where in the world in under 24 hours. In the process going through one or more major airports coming in contact with thousands of people who headed to multiple destination.  There is also a contagious factor used in the spread of virus's, called RO or R aught, which calculates the rate of spread. So if the RO is 3, then those 3 contact 3 so the infection is 9, and so on, in 15 days the infection is in the millions. There is calls to shut these "wet" markets down because there are other virus outbreaks that have been traced back to then as the origin. The other factor is the level of health inspection these market may or may not receive.
I completely agree with that presentation and I actually think I have seen it, or one much like it. I still do not believe it is the wet market that started it though, Wuhan has several biologic research facilities in that area and I think it is much more likely to have been a man made virus that "escaped" from one of those facilities. Come to think of it there was a movie in the late 70's or early 80's that dealt with somebody carrying and infecting people through mass transport, kinda prophetic.

John Koenig: