turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Devotional Friday 5/13/2011 "Be Still"

Started by BOFF, May 13, 2011, 07:31:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

Have you ever been in a hurry, and messed something up? I mean something so easy it would have taken care of its self if we had just left it alone? One of those "kick me in the rear" moments. 

It can happen with us and God sometimes as well. As humans, particularly men, we tend to think we can fix everything. Even when its not broken, some of us feel we can make it better. Often, we just need to be quiet, sit still, pray with open ears, and hear what our Lord has to say in the matter. Between the loud machinery, the radios, our own voices, the wife's, children's, the phone, tv, and other distractions, it is so easy to tune God's voice out. God already has a plan, and I haven't found out yet, it to be a bad one. So why is it I often forget to ask him first in the matter, or seek his ways. His word already tells us regardless, he will be the successor.

Psalm 46:10 (New International Version 1984)

10 "Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth."

Heavenly Father, forgive me of my arrogance when I believe I know things more than you. Though I may do this unknowingly, I still forget to put you first at times, and seek your will in all things. Forgive me Lord, as I run my mouth, and make a calamity out of simple things, which have already been taken care of in your plans. Help me to be still, to fight the urge to do things, and help me to hear your voice, regardless of how quiet it may be. Thank you Lord for your salvation, and already being the successor. You are truly worthy and deserving of our praise and worship. Thank you Lord, for your love and grace, and your precious son Jesus, as it is in his sweet name we ask and claim these things, Amen!!

God Bless,
David B.

lightsoutcalls

How true!  I think male children are born with tool belts on... always ready to fix things as they occur.  Too often we have to learn the hard way, and with some of us, the learning curve is pretty steep.  I mean absolutely no disrespect in saying this, but in our modern language, it is like God is saying "I got this, just trust me."  We tend to run ourselves ragged trying to do what only God can do, and He does it with utmost ease and pleasure.

Thanks!
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

mmims

When all else fails do what you should have to start with....Be Still...
Great Devotional!

Mike

Roostem33

Quote from: mmims on May 13, 2011, 10:09:48 AM
When all else fails do what you should have to start with....Be Still...
Great Devotional!

How true, Great devotional David!!!

Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

turkey slayer

Duke0002

Beretta686

Funny how when you sit down for the day, relax, and just sign on a forum how there is something there to reflect on from that day.

Thanks
Official "Hippie" had my hip replaced August 2005

pappy

I for one have always had the " ancies " when it comes to solving the a problem that is before me and like Wendell said ussualy mess it up, it is good to know that MY GOD is in the fixing business if I listen close enough to what HE has to say ...thanks, great devotional, pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206