turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

NJ State Land Closed to public.

Started by Ol timer, April 07, 2020, 08:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ol timer

Well after the State of NJ was able to sell out all the Turkey Permits today Governor Murphy closed all State Land and Parks so stay home folks NJ is Closed down.

fallhnt

IL.....we feel your pain

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Cowboy

Tom007

It's only state parks, not Wildlife Mgt ares and private land. Confirmed, it also appears to be for 2 weeks.
"Solo hunter"

Tom007

I witnessed why he closed the parks yesterday. I passed by a park parking lot that usually has about 5 cars. There was over 50 cars parked 3 deep. Saw people walking in groups on trail entrance about 3 ft apart, no attention to social distance rules. Unfortunately I don't agree with the closings, I see why. I think they should just fine the law breakers 2,500  bucks each. That would stop it. Sad situation.
"Solo hunter"

bghunter777

I'm sick of the overreach I'm well aware of how to stay away from others I will have the Tundra loaded down with gear and headed on my turkey tour next Friday Kentucky, Ohio, Indiana.........

Tom007

Amen my brother, I will as well with a moral promise not to contaminate anyone....be safe....
"Solo hunter"

Ol timer

Quote from: Tom007 on April 08, 2020, 10:10:41 AM
It's only state parks, not Wildlife Mgt ares and private land. Confirmed, it also appears to be for 2 weeks.
It's state forest & Parks state marinas, wma are still open for now but thats where the crowds will flock to next. Where are you seeing it's only two weeks, please show me that information I heard nothing of the sort.
Atlantic County

Senator Frank S. Farley State Marina
Wharton State Forest
Bergen County

Ramapo Mountain State Forest
Burlington County

Atsion Recreation Area
Brendan T. Byrne State Forest
Rancocas State Park
Warren Grove Recreation Area
Cape May County

Belleplain State Forest
Cape May Point State Park
Corson's Inlet State Park
Cumberland County

Fortescue State Marina
Gloucester County

Tall Pines State Preserve
Hudson County

Liberty Landing Marina
Liberty State Park
Hunterdon County

Bull's Island Recreation Area
Delaware and Raritan Canal State Park
Round Valley Recreation Area
Spruce Run Recreation Area
Voorhees State Park
Mercer County

Princeton Battlefield State Park
Washington Crossing State Park
Middlesex County

Cheesequake State Park
Monmouth County

Allaire State Park
Leonardo State Marina
Monmouth Battlefield State Park
Morris County

Farny State Park
Hacklebarney State Park
Hopatcong State Park
Ocean County

Barnegat Lighthouse State Park
Bass River State Forest
Brendan T. Byrne State Forest
Double Trouble State Park
Forked River State Marina
Island Beach State Marina
Island Beach State Park
Penn State Forest
Warren Grove Recreation Area
Passaic County

Abram S. Hewitt State Forest
Long Pond Ironworks State Park
Norvin Green State Forest
Ramapo Mountain State Forest
Ringwood State Park
Wawayanda State Park
Salem County

Fort Mott State Park
Parvin State Park
Somerset County

Washington Rock State Park
Sussex County

Allamuchy Mountain State Park
High Point State Park
Kittatinny Valley State Park
Stokes State Forest
Swartswood State Park
Wawayanda State Park
Warren County

Jenny Jump State Forest
Stephens State Park
Worthington State Forest

Bowguy

Where are you getting turkey permits all sold out? There's plenty left

muskyjunky

Quote from: bghunter777 on April 08, 2020, 11:39:28 AM
I'm sick of the overreach I'm well aware of how to stay away from others I will have the Tundra loaded down with gear and headed on my turkey tour next Friday Kentucky, Ohio, Indiana.........
Hope you already have your Ohio License and Permit. All NON -resident hunting and fishing permits not being sold til further notice. Announced 2 days ago. 

Ol timer

Quote from: Bowguy on April 08, 2020, 09:34:34 PM
Where are you getting turkey permits all sold out? There's plenty left
SOLD OUT
Turkey
Zone 11
Hunting Period Y
Turkey
Zone 12
Hunting Period A
SOLD OUT
Turkey
Zone 12
Hunting Period B
SOLD OUT
Turkey
Zone 12
Hunting Period C
SOLD OUT
Turkey
Zone 12
Hunting Period D
SOLD OUT
Turkey
Zone 12
Hunting Period E
SOLD OUT
Turkey
Zone 12
Hunting Period Y
Turkey
Zone 14
Hunting Period A
SOLD OUT
Turkey
Zone 14
Hunting Period B
SOLD OUT
Turkey
Zone 14
Hunting Period C
SOLD OUT
Turkey
Zone 14
Hunting Period D
SOLD OUT
Turkey
Zone 14
Hunting Period E
SOLD OUT
Turkey
Zone 14
Hunting Period Y
Turkey
Zone 15
Hunting Period A
SOLD OUT
Turkey
Zone 15
Hunting Period B
SOLD OUT
Turkey
Zone 15
Hunting Period C
SOLD OUT
Turkey
Zone 15
Hunting Period D
SOLD OUT
Turkey
Zone 15
Hunting Period E
SOLD OUT
Turkey
Zone 15
Hunting Period Y
Turkey
Zone 16
Hunting Period A
SOLD OUT
Turkey
Zone 16
Hunting Period B
SOLD OUT
Turkey
Zone 16
Hunting Period C
SOLD OUT
Turkey
Zone 16
Hunting Period D
SOLD OUT
Turkey
Zone 16
Hunting Period E
SOLD OUT
Turkey
Zone 16
Hunting Period Y
Turkey
Zone 20
Hunting Period A
SOLD OUT
Turkey
Zone 20
Hunting Period B
Turkey
Zone 20
Hunting Period C
Turkey
Zone 20
Hunting Period D
Turkey
Zone 20
Hunting Period E
SOLD OUT
Turkey
Zone 20
Hunting Period Y
Turkey
Zone 21
Hunting Period A
SOLD OUT
Turkey
Zone 21
Hunting Period B
SOLD OUT
Turkey
Zone 21
Hunting Period C
SOLD OUT
Turkey
Zone 21
Hunting Period D
SOLD OUT
Turkey
Zone 21
Hunting Period E
SOLD OUT
Turkey
Zone 21
Hunting Period Y
Turkey
Zone 22
Hunting Period A
SOLD OUT
Turkey
Zone 22
Hunting Period B
SOLD OUT
Turkey
Zone 22
Hunting Period C
SOLD OUT
Turkey
Zone 22
Hunting Period D
SOLD OUT
Turkey
Zone 22
Hunting Period E
SOLD OUT

Ol timer

Not sll Sold out my point is the Governor waited to shut things down had he did it before the permits went on sale they loose 1 million dollars. You think they are giving refunds to those that can't hunt  on state land that the Tax payers pay for. Murphy is the worst Governor we ever had in NJ.

Bowguy

He is bad. I'm from the north nothing is sold out not even A or E week. Never is. Most guys don't even get involved in the lottery. Didn't use to be that way. In the 80s was hard to get permits for any week.
Space, Oroho, Wirths are trying to change that closure same for NJ sportsman alliance.
They keep talking mental health, getting outside. That's the wrong answer imo. If you close some areas everyone flockd to the same areas. This in unsafe both accident wise and we're not keeping exposure percentages less. Keeping things open ought to be a distancing technique if you ask me.
So a few weeks ago at I think Vorhees state park. Gets about 20 cars on a real busy Sat. There were 240 cars. Apparently that might have had some impact.
Seems silly to shut things down. How bout the first 20 spots only the even number can be used. That'd only allow 10 cars. If you're not in one of those spots you are in violation and could be ticketed.
The next consideration is hunters and fisherman pay for the vast majority And should be given priority.
What about others? Say the can hike following the same guidelines after 12. Only those w licenses before 12.
Some might say that's an enforcing nightmare. Well think about something. 10 legal cars plus 1 is 1 ticket. A car parked now by itself is still 1 ticket.
Yesterday I was listening for birds. 3 spots I passed were busy. One full of NY plates. I pulled over to inform the guy about the closures of parks. He said a park ranger just passed and waved back at him.
Doesn't sound like an enforcement nightmare if they're not enforcing anything.
If you got caught they ask for your id, isn't that putting them at risk. You think they're that emotionally involved they're gonna come down n get ya? They're not around here.
Sat starts fishing I bet the streams are packed in the parks. This is all spinning wheels imo. An attempt at showing they're doing something. That something is asinine

Mossberg90MN

Wack!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bowguy

Press Release
Oroho, Space & Wirths   
24th District
Home | Facebook | Twitter
April 8, 2020
Oroho, Space & Wirths Call for Opening of New Jersey State Parks and Forests

Like This on Facebook   Tweet This
Today Senator Steve Oroho and Assemblymen Parker Space and Hal Wirths (all R-Sussex, Warren, Morris) call upon Governor Murphy to reopen the outdoor portions of New Jersey's state parks and forests.
https://www.senatenj.com/uploads/wortington-state-forest-520.jpg
Taxpayers paid for State parks and forests like Worthington State Forest in Warren County, and Senator Oroho and Assemblymen Space and Wirths want Murphy to re-open these spacious areas to responsible public use. ( Division of Parks & Forestry)
"Closing the state parks and forests in all parts of the state suspends a vital outlet for many in New Jersey to recreate and maintain safe social distancing and a healthy lifestyle – both mentally and physically," said Oroho. "The residents in our district have been responsible and compliant with the Governor's order. Why punish the whole state for a few 'knuckleheads'?"
New Jersey taxpayers started funding the purchase of lands under the management of what eventually became the New Jersey Division of Parks and Forestry in 1905.
"We cannot accept closing State parks and forests that have been paid for by our taxpayers," said Space. "Trout Season in New Jersey opens Saturday, and we are shutting down prime fishing locations that already have been stocked. This makes no sense and is a waste of resources.
"If multi-layers of law enforcement are required to enforce this order, the Governor should have addressed this weeks ago to give them the direction and better tools to implement social distancing in parks and forests and be prepared for 'disobedience,'" Space added.  "We could have better monitoring in place and the legal authority to restrict out-of-state visitors. Our beautiful open space should remain open for those who foot the citizens who foot the bill."
Health experts have emphasized the importance of fresh air and exercise during this crisis to keep bodies and minds in condition to fight off illnesses.
"It is bad enough what we have had to endure as a state in the last month, but it is outrageous to close the outdoors," said Wirths.  "This is making the problem worse by pushing people into close quarters outdoors on streets and sidewalks verses the vast open spaces which our parks provide.  People need to practice social distancing and this is counter-intuitive."
Oroho, Space, and Wirths – with Space as Wantage Township Mayor and Wirths as Sussex County Freeholder Director – vehemently opposed Corzine's plan to close High Point.  In addition, they have been leaders in the fight to keep parks and forests open during state budget shutdowns.
"Governors messing with state parks don't have a great track record.  Jim Florio wanted to close Parvin State Park in Salem County and Jon Corzine wanted to close nine state parks including High Point," Wirths added.
Related Facebook Post:
https://www.facebook.com/steveoroho/posts/10157848103508580
Related Tweet:
https://twitter.com/stevenoroho/status/1247922581212213249
Website Post:
https://www.senatenj.com/index.php/district24/oroho-space-wirths-call-for-opening-of-new-jersey-state-parks-and-forests/47401