turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Coranavirus Dashboard

Started by silvestris, March 30, 2020, 06:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooserbat

I honestly think that one: The Chinese government doesn't care about it's citizens and if a few or several thousand died, to them, it's not a big deal. Second why wouldn't the same said Chinese government want to wreck the US economy as retaliation for the Trump tariffs.  From what I understand the tariffs were taking a toll on the Chinese economy. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Marc

Saw an interview with Ben Shapiro who talked with a renown doc, who predicted (and wrote a book) about this very subject more than a year ago.

He, and THE VAST MAJORITY OF MEDICAL EXPERTS do NOT believe this is man-made, or a boutique virus.

Admittedly, initially I was under the impression that this was man-made.  However, after a bit of investigation, and listening to reputable health care doctors and scientists (in the US and world wide), I no longer believe this is true.

It is far more likely of animal husbandry practices, and specifically the wet markets (selling of dead and live animals out in the open) of certain countries.  These wet markets often involve the selling exotics, live animals (some of which are eaten alive), the consumption of raw meats, and a variety of other meats with no health regulations at all.  This creates the perfect situation for multiple diseases to be spread and mutate, and the perfect situation for diseases which generally affect animals to cross over to human infection.

The World Health Organization (WHO) just recently gave approval for these wet markets to continue.  And has defended China and Hong Kong's utilization of these "wet markets."  I feel this is terrible decision making, and the WHO needs to go.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

silvestris

"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

idgobble

Ihuntoldschool

I agree, when you look at the size of China and how many square miles it covers, what is the probability that it just by chance happened to originate at a wet market within a few blocks of that particular lab?

silvestris

I want an answer that will never be answered.  Man-made or natural, why did China coverup the disease?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIHWaaJNktQ&feature=youtu.be
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

NCL

What I read it was a bat virus and had combined with a pangolin (scaly anteater) virus that formed the new virus. Also read another article that investigation of the RNA of the virus established it was natural occurring virus. Yesterday I read the UN had passed a resolution to close these wet markets or at least have them inspected, not sure if the UN resolution has any authority but at least it is a start. The article also stated the 2003 SARS infection was traced back to a wet market. The tone of the article was these wet markets, which also included illegal slaughter houses, were the source of these infections and needed to be controlled or shut down because they will be the source of future infections.