turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New Mossy Oak Bottomland opinions

Started by gdc23, April 07, 2020, 07:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gdc23

Im looking at Ol Tom, Browning, Alps, and a few other companies that have come out with new turkey clothes and gear in Mossy Oak Bottomland. This new version appears to be a lot more faded, with colors almost blending as one in the photos as compared to the Original Bottomland. I like the products offered by Ol Tom, Alps etc but not to sure if I would like the new Bottomland camo in person, Trying to decide whether to go with Realtree Timber or Bottomland. Anyone with an opinion on the new Bottomland and Ol Tom clothing I would like to hear from you
Thanks in advance.

Cowboy

You're correct. The new bottomland is abit more faded. I did buy some of it before season though. I like it ok.

1iagobblergetter

It ain't even close to the old imo,but the turkeys won't care.

Greg Massey

I agree the new is not as good as the old , but it will get the job done ...

Sir-diealot

I personally like new far more than old though I am not a fan of either. New seems like it would blend in much better.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

dzsmith

Quote from: gdc23 on April 07, 2020, 07:17:16 PM
Im looking at Ol Tom, Browning, Alps, and a few other companies that have come out with new turkey clothes and gear in Mossy Oak Bottomland. This new version appears to be a lot more faded, with colors almost blending as one in the photos as compared to the Original Bottomland. I like the products offered by Ol Tom, Alps etc but not to sure if I would like the new Bottomland camo in person, Trying to decide whether to go with Realtree Timber or Bottomland. Anyone with an opinion on the new Bottomland and Ol Tom clothing I would like to hear from you
Thanks in advance.
The new bottomland is more faded depending on the brand of clothing its printed on. If any of you remember russel? Their print of new bottomland was definetly lighter than others. But in general its a light pattern. It works just fine. I wear it exclusively and have been wearing it exclusively since its been available. Its always been my favorite. I have one pattern for all my hunting .I do not like old bottomland or Greenleaf. it looks too cartoonish to me....My current set of turkey hunting new bottomland is banded pants and shirt. Its not what I would call a lighter version its fairly dark. Its also a poly blend not 100% cotton so it should hold on to its color for longer than cotton. My vest is an alps in new bottomland. Its definetly dark, my old vest was a super elite 3 in bottomland and it was faded the day I bought it because like I mentioned above russels print was one of the lightest prints of new bottomland there was at the time. My mask is an old tom 1/2 mask and its a dark print, most of ol toms stuff is a darker print of new bottomland. I will tell you this. the guns I see OLD bottomland printed on are very light most of the time with the tan backround.
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

Pluffmud

I've got some old bottomland and it seems to me that the old bottomland is lighter than the new. I like them both. I have a mossy oak brand 6 panel ball cap and an ol tom half mask in the new bottomland, and they don't seem light to me, as compared to my new bottomland Drake jacket, which is a little brighter. I think it depends on the material. One thing I do know is this... I've killed deer in Max4 duck camo sitting in the hardwoods, turkeys at the base of a pine in green BDUs and a brown shirt, and marsh ducks in a bottomland jacket standing in the spartina grass. I'm convinced that staying still matters more than your choice of camo, whether you wear splotchy Army Camo or the newest Realtree line. That being said, I'm a snob, and I wear all new bottomland for all of my hunting, simply because I think it is well rounded for my hunting applications and to be blunt, I just like it! Lol.
Psalm 46:10

greencop01

I like faded or lighter came than camo that has dark shades in it. A lot of camo makes you look like a dark blob in the distance so it forces you to set up in shadow. The lighter shaded camo seems to blend one better in background. Check this out with a friend in the field and you will see what I mean. I used to wear Nat Gear all the time and was successful with it. I also tend to wear older camo that has been washed many times over the years.  :z-twocents:
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

GunRunner

I personally like the New Bottomland over the original Bottomland or the Greenleaf Bottomland.
I agree with DZSmith....the old patterns look cartoonish to me as well. And The New Bottomland is not too light to me but rather just right for me.

GunRunner