turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

The old Federal Premium 2-3/4

Started by Greg Massey, September 04, 2020, 04:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

Was at a small town family own gun store and was looking through the turkey ammo and found 2 boxes of the Federal Premium NWTF 12 ga 2-3/4, 1 1/2 oz. 6 shot ... this has been discontinued for couple years or more .. needless to say it found a new home with me... good fine today...

WildTigerTrout

That is a good find! Federal and Winchester also made a 1 5/8 oz. load.  I find those from time to time.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Tom007

Quote from: Greg Massey on September 04, 2020, 04:57:31 PM
Was at a small town family own gun store and was looking through the turkey ammo and found 2 boxes of the Federal Premium NWTF 12 ga 2-3/4, 1 1/2 oz. 6 shot ... this has been discontinued for couple years or more .. needless to say it found a new home with me... good fine today...

Great shells Greg, nice find....
"Solo hunter"

trkehunr93

My first 15 turkeys were killed with those exact shells out of a Mossberg 500 with a full choke.  They were a great load for me before I switched to shooting a 835 and went down the Hevi 13 rabbit hole for a few years.

Cowboy

Good find. I shoot an old Remington 1100 so when every I can, I grab up any and all 2 3/4 turkey loads I stumble up on.