OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Remington V3 Turkey pro  (Read 3542 times)

Offline OH89hunter

Remington V3 Turkey pro
« on: September 21, 2020, 01:35:28 PM »
Anyone out there have the Remington V3 turkey pro? Just picked one up on gunbroker and was wondering what optics your using? Plan on taking off the factory red dot. Thanks!

Offline Turkeytider

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Remington V3 Turkey pro
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2020, 05:59:51 PM »
Anyone out there have the Remington V3 turkey pro? Just picked one up on gunbroker and was wondering what optics your using? Plan on taking off the factory red dot. Thanks!

Not criticizing, just curious as to why you`d remove the red dot? I think it`s a Tru-Glo ? By the way, have a V3 walnut model, like it very much. Versaport is a great gas action and a soft shooter.

Offline OH89hunter

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2020, 10:12:43 PM »
I don’t care for the big tru glow red dot. Have a vortex venom on my 11-87 and like it but didn’t know if there’s anything better out there

Offline Turkeytider

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2020, 09:09:32 AM »
I don’t care for the big tru glow red dot. Have a vortex venom on my 11-87 and like it but didn’t know if there’s anything better out there

Certainly a valid reason !

Offline gatrkyhntr70

• Double Beard
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2020, 11:16:21 PM »
For what that gun costs it should have a quality reddot vs the cheap truglo
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

CrustyRusty

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2020, 06:31:51 AM »
First thing I did was replace the sight with a Vortex.  Lower profile and lightweight and better product anyway. Love the gun

Offline OH89hunter

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2020, 09:59:47 AM »
I’m guessing you put a vortex venom on it? How’s it shoot now with that? What choke are you running?

CrustyRusty

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2020, 11:44:33 AM »
Yes on the Venom.  I like it better than my ff3. Gotten a bunch of birds with my setup. I just used the choke that came with the gun and longboard 6’s. The pattern was nice and even and I didn’t see a need to try other combos just to chase numbers. It gave great kill patterns at the distances I shoot.
I also use a dead coyote tube for predator hunting with it and it happens to pattern very well with long beards too if you want a choke that will do double duty.

I’ve had about every turkey shotgun known to man...Sbe2, M2, Golds,SX2&3, Berettas, Remingtons, all sorts of pumps but this V3 has been my favorite so far

Offline OH89hunter

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2020, 10:14:13 PM »
I think I sent you a PM.

Offline Turkeytider

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2020, 10:26:27 PM »
Yes on the Venom.  I like it better than my ff3. Gotten a bunch of birds with my setup. I just used the choke that came with the gun and longboard 6’s. The pattern was nice and even and I didn’t see a need to try other combos just to chase numbers. It gave great kill patterns at the distances I shoot.
I also use a dead coyote tube for predator hunting with it and it happens to pattern very well with long beards too if you want a choke that will do double duty.

I’ve had about every turkey shotgun known to man...Sbe2, M2, Golds,SX2&3, Berettas, Remingtons, all sorts of pumps but this V3 has been my favorite so far

I have the V3 Field Sport walnut model. Excellent field gun at a very good price. Versaport gas system is a very soft shooter.

CrustyRusty

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2020, 02:58:56 PM »
My next purchase will be the wood v3...nice guns

Offline Turkeytider

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2020, 08:28:27 AM »
My next purchase will be the wood v3...nice guns

Not the sleekest gun you can buy, but a solid field gun that will eat anything you feed it. I really like mine. With field loads it " shoves" rather than "kicks".