Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Experience with Weatherby or specifically the SA-459 Turkey?

Started by Timmer, April 07, 2020, 02:23:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timmer

Hi all,

I recently posted a thread looking for suggestions for a lighter semi-auto with a shorter barrel and preferably a pistol grip.  I appreciated the many suggestions, but most were right in line with my current Benelli and were in the high 7lb range and/or had long barrels.  Today I discovered the  Weatherby SA-459 Turkey. It seems to fit the bill and isn't over my budget.  I don't have any experience with Weatherby guns.  Any feedback on the brand or more specifically this model?

https://weatherby.com/store/sa-459-turkey-xtra-green/

Thanks!
Timmer

All of the tools, some of the skills!

wvnut3

I have been using mine since 2016. Have left my remington's in the safe ever since. I love my 11-87 12 ga. but was looking for a light weight dedicated turkey gun. It is awesome. I don't ever see a reason going back to a 12. I did have to send the trigger group off to Rob Roberts and it is now a clean crisp 3.5lb, the perfect gun.Lee

wvnut3

Out of the box the trigger was adequate, but had some creep.It was about 5.5-6lb from the factory.Lee

Fullfan

Have been hunting with one for several years, trigger needed work. Gun is absolutely perfect, light weight, holds nice and is lethal with a SumToy Choke and Reloader's TSS hand loads.. I looking for another one....
Don't gobble at me...

g8rvet

Big fan here of the 20 gauge. So light and points so easy.  I toted it around on Sunday, very long walk through some thick Florida swamps and it was slung over my shoulder, like I had no gun.  I have killed from 15 - 37 yards with it, no problems.
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

TauntoHawk

Bought the 20ga for my wife and made it my primary everytime she's not in the woods. Fantastic turkey gun, and affordable enough to throw and reddot, choke, and some tss together with it and still be under 1k

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>