OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Red dot?? when to turn on? how long batteries last?  (Read 6367 times)

Offline SOCOM304

Re: Red dot?? when to turn on? how long batteries last?
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2020, 09:56:36 AM »
All great answers! I do the same as bbcoach and greyfox. No issues that way.

Offline FL-Boss

• Longbeard
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2020, 10:06:14 AM »
I have 4 different Burris FF3 -  I turn them on when I take the gun out of the truck in the morning....turn them off at the end of the day. Battery lasts for years, although I tend to change them every 2 years just to be safe. 

Offline Bobby5

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2020, 01:30:56 PM »
What is the lifespan on the sight itself? Im sure its a few years but would hate for it to go bad when your on a hunt.

Offline dzsmith

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2020, 06:11:40 AM »
I use an FF3. Personally I don't turn mine on, until Im on a turkey. That's just me, I mean if im slipping through the woods after working a bird that didn't come in of course I leave it on, but I don't per say leave it on from the time I leave the vehicle til the time I get back. Ive never had one die on me. I keep an extra battery in my vest with a little piece of metal I use to take the cover off. I replace the battery every other season, probably wouldn't hurt to replace it every single season because they are very cheap batteries, I do know they will blink when they get low as others on here have said but ive never had mine get to that point. I hunt as much as I can in my local spring season, and typically hit a few states every year as well and ive had no issues with battery life. I have a buddy that leaves his on all day like another user said, and he has to replace his every year. He also hunts every day all day of our 6 week season....
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

Offline Passport

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2020, 07:13:25 PM »
You can turn em off?!

Offline TauntoHawk

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2020, 07:27:59 PM »
On and off when shells go in and out.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>