turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

fast fire scope which mounting rail?

Started by Bobby5, April 07, 2020, 10:09:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobby5

I think im gonna break down and buy a burris fastfire red dot for my 835. Ive been seeing pics on here where the install looks clean and thre isnt a big rail the scope sits on it looks like it just sits on the gun what mount is this ? Its very low profile. I also herd the fastfire 2 is more reliable and i saw a few on ebay. Which one should i go with the 2 or the 3 ? The mount wont harm the camo finish will it? Was wondering in case i wanna take it off and sell the gun.
Thanks

Bobby5

or if you guys recommend a different brand like the style of the fastfire at a better price id be open to all the advice i can get.
thanks

sixbird

Fast Fire III is the one to get. You don't need to disturb the mount on that one to change batteries. Fast Fire II you have to remove it to change batteries.
You can use a Sumtoy mount that's clean and small or you can use a Warne which is similar. With the Warne, you use one base mount of two that come in the pack.
You can google both companies. Sumtoy is on here.
You MAY have to drill and tap one hole if your gun is already drilled and tapped or I think Sumtoy has a provision for using the configuration that's on your gun already.

sixbird

I've done a fair amount of research on both Fast Fire and Vortex. Fast Fire has some minor advantages over Vortex and Vortex some over Fast Fire.
Nothing that I see that would keep me from buying either. The Fast fire advantage is that it'll perform in lower temps. which may or may not apply to your situation.
The Vortex has more brightness settings which I don't see as an advantage since the auto setting takes care of all of that on both of them.

Bobby5

What is the 336 mount some people are using ? I assume its for the marlin. Would that work on a 835 using factory scope mounts?

Bobby5

Went ahead and ordered the sumtoy mount. Is there a certain model fast fire 3 I need to buy for this mount ?

obro

The 336 is a mount made by Burris that was designed to put  the FF red dot on Marlin lever action  . The hole spacing and thread size on the marlin and your mossberg are the same . So that mount fits nice and is a clean look . More important is the sight sits very close to the receiver . I like the adjustable dot intensity on the FF3 over the auto adjusts the FF2.

Bobby5

thanks for the replys guys. Im gonna order a burris fast fire 3 tonight and was wondering if there is a certain model i need to get because everyone i find has the picatinny rail mount. I assume this mount comes off and i just use the sumatoy mount?
Thanks

SumToy

You get the sight it will bolt to our base or the burris 336 base.   They both are the lowest that you can run.   They put the sight about 1/8 inch off the gun.   
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA