OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Super Moon  (Read 1235 times)

Offline Pluffmud

Super Moon
« on: April 07, 2020, 09:50:13 AM »
I saw on the weather channel that tonight is the largest "Super Moon" of the year. My duck hunter mind kicked into gear and it got me wondering how a super moon would affect turkeys. I've looked around the internet a little and read some interesting things. Y'all have any notable accounts of turkeys during full moons?
Psalm 46:10

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Super Moon
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 03:35:54 PM »
Never really paid much attention, i guess we will see in the morning how it affects them.

Offline Lazy coyote

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 03:50:45 PM »
I've had them gobble constantly a few hours before sunrise when there is a full moon. 

Offline LaLongbeard

• Double Beard
  • Louisiana
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2020, 05:39:56 PM »
I didn’t hear about the Super moon till I was on the way home. But I didn’t notice anything different turkeys Gobbled at the normal time, acted like they always do. I was parked at my spot by 4am so if they were Gobbling in the dark I’d have known.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Online Dtrkyman

• Double Beard
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 08:59:11 PM »
I got to a farm 2 hours before any hint of light, full moon night and I was sneaking in tight to a roosted bird.

It was bright out, while I was getting my stuff together a bunch of coyotes cut loose and the whole farm lit up with gobbles, happened a half a dozen times I suppose, killed a nice tom that morning, though not the one I set up under!

Offline kyturkeyhunter4

• Longbeard
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2020, 12:52:11 PM »
I know the fish was on last night I don't know if it was because of the moon but we caught some studs last night.  Had two largemouth over six pounds and two over 5 pounds we ended up wining the tournament we had 28.8 pounds last night with a 5 fish limit.

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2020, 03:18:40 PM »
Meant to go out and look at it but by the time I remembered it was past midnight here.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."