OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Aimpoint Micro S-1 doesn't fit Rem. SP-10

Started by mcw3734, April 06, 2020, 07:51:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DUCKDIGGLER

Lunghit.....to be clear....the SBE1 I have is an old HK FLAT RIB model....if you have a raised rib M1 it probably will work. I have a pair of Vinci Turkey guns I can check tomorrow for rib post spacing if you'd like. Just say the word!

DUCKDIGGLER

I had a chance to measure my Vinci's and they have MORE than enough room on the first two "spaces" closest to the reciever.

Lunghit measure the space between your rib posts....the flat part between the posts before they radius down to the barrrel....let me know what you have....all you need is 2" and you'd be golden.

DD

lunghit

Ok the Aimpoint will fit the Benelli M1 rib. I appreciate the time DuckDiggler and helping me out. Now I have to decide between the Micro S1 and the Trijicon RMR. I already have the Aimpoint 9000SC on my SX3 so I have been thinking of the Trijicon to try something different. The Trijicon does have a 3.25 MOA compared to the Aimpoint has a 6. I believe the 3.25 is better for turkey hunting.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

DUCKDIGGLER

Not a problem! You are welcome.

All depends.....the smaller dot does provide a touch more precision especially for younger eyes. Teh larger dots can be used as a pretty reliable range estimator. I have RMRs on 2 of my Vinci T-Guns with a Scalarworks mount.....best one in the indusrty IMHO. Rock solid set ups. Most of my Turkey guns run Burris FF3s both 3 MOA and 8 MOA versions....can't say I dislike either but I have been chasing these awesome birds since 1986 so the old vision is not what it once was. I do have a slight problem with a Turkey Gun addiction however. My Affinity 3 20 ga just showed up at my dealer!! Have fun and let us know what you decide! Best of luck this season and stay safe. :funnyturkey:

DUCKDIGGLER

I just wanted to follow up on this thread. The S-1 fit my Affinty 3 like a glove! I sighted in yesterday and am 100% confident in it. Check weld on the stock is excellent (put a higher shim in the stock) . Points very naturally. Can't wait to break her in this week! Fingers crossed.  :blob10:

lunghit

Quote from: DUCKDIGGLER on April 26, 2020, 02:57:07 PM
I just wanted to follow up on this thread. The S-1 fit my Affinty 3 like a glove! I sighted in yesterday and am 100% confident in it. Check weld on the stock is excellent (put a higher shim in the stock) . Points very naturally. Can't wait to break her in this week! Fingers crossed.  :blob10:

Glad to hear it worked out on one of your guns. Hope you get a good bird this week. So I know the aimpoint is new but if you had to pick one between the Aimpoint or Trijicon RMR which one would it be?

DUCKDIGGLER

I have RMRs on both of my Vinci's and probably go that way if pressed. They have been on those guns for 7 or 8 years now and zero issues with either. With the Scalarworks mounts....cheek weld is perfect and they are smaller lighter and IMO tougher. The S-1 is a great option for someone who shotgun isn't drilled and tapped and they don't want to have it drilled and tapped.

With that said.....the Burris FF3 is a whole lot of value for the price......just not as bulletproof as the RMRs.

I look forward to seeing your final project! Good luck and stay safe. DD

lunghit

Thanks for the info and I am still deciding. One last question if you don't mind. Do you have to remove the RMR in order to change the battery and if so does that effect the zero? Thanks.

DUCKDIGGLER

No problem. Yes, you do need to remove the RMR to change the battery as access is on the bottom of the sight. I would say you will be very close to re-zeroed with a shotgun but I always check my zero prior to the season starting. Also, battery life is a long, long time especially on a turkey gun. I turn mine on when I start working a bird and off when I move. So years of life is normal.

Let me know if you have any other questions. DD