turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Biggest Bird Yet

Started by YukonC, April 06, 2020, 03:58:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YukonC

Just this morning. First day of first season in IL. Got lucky and he was roosted 60 yards from me. I somehow didn't make a team but I thought I would share! 10" beard, 1 1/2" spurs, and 28.5 lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StruttinGobbler3

Haven't run the numbers but that bird has to score in the 70s. That's a stud for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

owlhoot

Congrats, that is a tank.

JeffC

Congrats, monster bird for sure, have to shoot him in self defense! Did he gobble or growl??
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

YukonC

Ha. He gave one gobble just one and it startled the hell out of me as there were a half dozen gobbling about 200 yards to my south for 30 minutes. I ended up having to shoot this bird left handed. Thank god for the red dot! He had a much Deeper and more powerful gobble than the rest which were all probably 2 year olds. Not sure on this age but I would say 3-4.

Tom007

Wow, a bomber for sure. Congrats
"Solo hunter"

trkehunr93

Nice bird man!  Congrats. 

Sir-diealot

Congratulations on the bruiser. Nice scale, I have the same one, very easy to use.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Timmer

Timmer

All of the tools, some of the skills!

Spitten and drummen

" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

eggshell

Dang man, any bigger and you could register that sucker as a Angus bull. That is probably a lifetime bird, be proud of that trophy. I been at it over 45 years, 9 states and a few dead gobblers and I don't have any that heavy. I have killed some darn nice birds, but my heaviest is 24.75 pounds. Congrats, maybe you can convince old gobbler to open a lottery draft and take bids on putting you on  a team....donate the proceeds to charity.....  Just having fun. You know if you hadn't killed him outright you could have saddled him up and rode him to the vehicle.  :turkey2:

Beards and Hooks

congratulations that is as good as it gets!

YukonC

Quote from: eggshell on April 06, 2020, 04:48:39 PM
Dang man, any bigger and you could register that sucker as a Angus bull. That is probably a lifetime bird, be proud of that trophy. I been at it over 45 years, 9 states and a few dead gobblers and I don't have any that heavy. I have killed some darn nice birds, but my heaviest is 24.75 pounds. Congrats, maybe you can convince old gobbler to open a lottery draft and take bids on putting you on  a team....donate the proceeds to charity.....  Just having fun. You know if you hadn't killed him outright you could have saddled him up and rode him to the vehicle.  :turkey2:
Funny as hell. I knew it was heavy as I had to haul it 3/4 a mile to the truck. Was shocked when I hung him from the scale.

fishr64

tomstopper

Awesome. Congrats

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk