turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Northern Scratchbox from Steve Sorensen Everyday Hunter

Started by Archivist13, May 13, 2021, 03:32:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archivist13

I've been turkey hunting for a couple decades and use mouth, pot, and box calls but never used a scratchbox. Considering adding one to my vest. The Northern Scratchbox from the Everyday Hunter is one I am considering. He's a local sportswriter from my hometown in PA so would like to support him, but if curious if anyone has experience with his particular scratchbox. Below is the link to his page.

https://www.everydayhunter.com/turkey-call?fbclid=IwAR1OXGS8CqoYakBjCh2h9vjFVC5R_9EjGD0zTw4pN0gL_8KX9KMBcS69cug

MattM

I have one. It is a well made good sounding call. Like all calls you have to practice with it to get the best sound. There are a lot of good scratchbox makers. SS calls,Super Yelper, Gary Herd. Mississippi Scratchbox, Eric Rice and the list go's on.

Archivist13

Quote from: MattM on May 16, 2021, 03:54:47 PM
I have one. It is a well made good sounding call. Like all calls you have to practice with it to get the best sound. There are a lot of good scratchbox makers. SS calls,Super Yelper, Gary Herd. Mississippi Scratchbox, Eric Rice and the list go's on.
Knew somebody here would have experience with it. Thanks for the info.

sixbird

He may have a different/new design but it looks to me like he's playing it backwards...