turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

NR blues

Started by fallhnt, April 04, 2020, 09:42:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fallhnt

You guys bitchin' 'bout how you can't hunt out of state.....blah blah blah. I can't even hunt in my home state of IL. The fat azz governor has closed all state owned land.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Sir-diealot

How about Federal land?
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

fallhnt

Federal land is open but you need a county permit to hunt. I don't have a permit. One of the downfalls to our system. The governors appointed, do nothing DNR director, also claims that the no refund policy the state has means no refunds will be issued to those with state land permits. She worked on the Obama administration, so go figure.

squidd

Another reason I would never be a pennyhead again!!!

fallhnt

Look at this. They think all residents are sheep.....

Dtrkyman

There are some tags left for later seasons, if you don't have 3 site specific tags, which would be hard to pull of you may still be able to hunt.

But I am with you, it's a BS deal, no refunds or tags re issued, my cousin drew 2 great state tags he has to eat!

Cowboy

Yep, first year my wife and I put in for Illinois site specific tags and my last. Eating my 1st season permit.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: squidd on April 04, 2020, 10:30:29 AM
At first I thought you meant Pennsylvania, they it hit me, Land of Lincoln.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

squidd

Quote from: Sir-diealot on April 04, 2020, 07:58:39 PM
Quote from: squidd on April 04, 2020, 10:30:29 AM
At first I thought you meant Pennsylvania, they it hit me, Land of Lincoln.

Cheddarheads called us from Northern IL FIBs and rightly so ;)

brittman

My old roommates from the Milwaukee area used the FIB term for anyone from IL (but primarily from Chicago) visiting WI in the summer.

brittman

State(s) should offer refund for any unusable tag (do to covid closures).

fallhnt

Quote from: brittman on April 07, 2020, 11:27:37 AM
State(s) should offer refund for any unusable tag (do to covid closures).
So far, IL is the only state I know of posturing with a no refund policy that only applies to state owned ground permit holders. NR can still hunt too. But as a resident with a state ground permit I'm out a hunt and money. I will fight the later though.

Greg Massey

That's terrible , i hope you do get to hunt...

fallhnt

Quote from: Greg Massey on April 07, 2020, 03:31:44 PM
That's terrible , i hope you do get to hunt...
I look foward to NE and KS early archery hunts. Found out a week ago that's out. IL governor shut down state ground, so residents and NR alike are out for fishing, hunting, hiking etc. It stinks

greencop01

A sad failure of Government, an example of panic knee jerk reaction and no common sense. Turkey hunting is extreme aversion to other hunters, a solitary pursuit. You can only shake your head.
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!