only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

NR blues

Started by fallhnt, April 04, 2020, 09:42:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cowboy

Quote from: fallhnt on April 07, 2020, 01:31:23 PM
Quote from: brittman on April 07, 2020, 11:27:37 AM
State(s) should offer refund for any unusable tag (do to covid closures).
So far, IL is the only state I know of posturing with a no refund policy that only applies to state owned ground permit holders. NR can still hunt too. But as a resident with a state ground permit I'm out a hunt and money. I will fight the later though.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Yep, I'm from IL as well. I read a statement somewhere the other day from the IDNR Director saying that there nothing in Administrative Rules to deal with issuing refunds.  Therefore I guarantee our on verge of bankruptcy state will never turn loose of a $.

fallhnt

Funny....years ago I got a note in the mail that said I could get a refund if I was going to hunt an area the state ran because it sold and the new owners didn't want it hunted. I'm going to fight it. They closed,it's not like I didn't hunt because something came up.

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Tom007

Jersey will be issuing refunds for anyone the has a permit that is in a state park zone if they request it. I am shocked. Email came out yesterday I heard.....
"Solo hunter"

fallhnt

KS warned off NR and you can get a refund if you choose to heed the warning. The Democrats in IL are just nasty crooks.

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

nativeks

Quote from: fallhnt on April 10, 2020, 08:44:53 AM
KS warned off NR and you can get a refund if you choose to heed the warning. The Democrats in IL are just nasty crooks.

As of yesterday KS suspended the sale of NR turkey permits

Garrett Trentham

It's to the point that I will not travel through IL anymore. I live in MO and have traveled through and hunted in IL regularly - not any more. I feel bad for the folks that live there - many of them (outside of Chi town) are great people. IL certainly has an abundance of incredible hunting and fishing opportunities, but I don't care for a cent of my money to go to that state government if I can avoid it. Closing state lands and not offering to issue refunds is asinine. Claiming that the law won't allow them to refund money is bogus - the law allowed for folks to access public land and they got that changed - figure it out!

To be clear - I'm fine with states shutting off NR tag sales. I get it. Luckily, I bought my KS tags when NE closed their NR sales. I plan to go to KS and hunt/live from my truck while there. I'll pack what I need and roll on. I've been meaning to try that style of hunting, but just haven't pulled the trigger. This is a great excuse to get in that mode of traveling and hunting. Low cost and low impact.

What I'm not fine with is states closing public areas to all access. What sense does that make? This is a prime opportunity to get folks engaged in the outdoors and experience the benefits that it offers! I've been hiking and scouting here at home each day and that's a lot of what has allowed me to keep my sanity and positive outlook.

So far I can say I'm quite proud of my home state of MO and how they've handled this. The governors stay-at-home order includes a provision to travel for outdoor recreation, all conservation areas are remaining open to the public, the state has temporarily suspended their fishing license requirement, and their marketing department is actively promoting ways to get outside while social distancing.

Some folks are pushing MO to stop selling NR licenses as well. I don't think it will matter. The cost of turkey tags is enough of a hindrance in my mind. If folks are willing to pay that much to come here and hunt, I say take the money and be grateful.
"Conservation needs more than lip service... more than professionals. It needs ordinary people with extraordinary desire. "
- Dr. Rex Hancock

www.deltawaterfowl.org

fallhnt

In our part of the country, NR pay ~$120 per bird. MO raising the price will only stop the one guy that complained about it on this forum. MO may be overrun with hunters,both residents and NR alike. As one guy said,"weekend warriors are out every day of the week now".

owlhoot

Quote from: fallhnt on April 10, 2020, 12:24:10 PM
In our part of the country, NR pay ~$120 per bird. MO raising the price will only stop the one guy that complained about it on this forum. MO may be overrun with hunters,both residents and NR alike. As one guy said,"weekend warriors are out every day of the week now".

Agree MO will get hammered. Other surrounding states closed, where are the heading to?
Everyone camping in their trucks parked 3 feet from each other on public lands, no thanks.