turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What determines a choke tubes price tag

Started by scottprice, April 25, 2020, 09:19:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scottprice

What makes Indian Creek and Jebs about 2x more expensive than a Carlson, Kicks, Trulock etc

I purchased my first shotgun that accepts interchangeable choke tubes and I'm just trying to decide what would be best for my set up

20ga Weatherby SA459 shooting Federal TSS #7s and a personal limit of 40 yards

Dr Juice

I believe it is based on the material used and the precision and tight tolerances. I recommend that you 'youtube' choke comparisons for your shotgun to assist you in making a sound decision. Good luck

SOCOM304

If you don't want to break the "proverbial bank", I'd suggest a Carlson in the .565-575 range, depending upon what kind of pattern you prefer. If you like a hot core, opt for the .565. Want a little looser and wider pattern into a 20" realm, go with the .575. The Carlson can typically be found for under $40

howl

Marketing, including endorsements and winning shoots.

Unless you are required to use 7s, 9s and your factory full will likely be overkill. 9s will kill well past your limit. 7s are a hazard downrange.

scottprice

Quote from: howl on April 26, 2020, 08:21:08 PM
Marketing, including endorsements and winning shoots.

Unless you are required to use 7s, 9s and your factory full will likely be overkill. 9s will kill well past your limit. 7s are a hazard downrange.
My factory tube says lead only

howl

Then I'd follow the suggestion above for Carlsons. Well,  I'd probably use the factory tube anyhow, but I wouldn't suggest anyone else do the same.