Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Recommendation for a new and maybe lighter turkey gun?

Started by Timmer, April 02, 2020, 11:13:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Ward

Good call Long Island, about those v3's. I think they have a turkey specific model out now too.

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Borden811

Quote from: Timmer on April 02, 2020, 03:58:02 PM
Quote from: Borden811 on April 02, 2020, 03:12:56 PM
I've got a benelli m2 12 gauge with a 21" barrel, pistol grip stock. It weighs just a tad over 6.5lbs

If you're open to smaller gauges(you can get excellent patterns with the use of tss shot) you can get close to 5.5lbs.

Did you purchase the gun that way or customize it?

I tend to never do things the easy way. It was a benelli tactical model I picked up cheap. Then I found a 21" field barrel, and a steadygrip stock. Put it all together, added an aimpoint, and a god-a-grip cheek pad, and started killing stuff.

This year I picked up an 870, and pretty much customized it myself, including paint, some hacksaw and dremel work, some stippling, and barrel polishing. Hopefully I get to pattern it this weekend. I guess you could say I have a problem, lol.

Turkeytider

Quote from: the Ward on April 03, 2020, 03:02:08 PM
Good call Long Island, about those v3's. I think they have a turkey specific model out now too.

Indeed so, the V3 Turkey Pro. Comes with a Truglo red dot. I have a standard walnut field V3. Terrific gas  system, hardly kicks, great trigger. Recommend them highly.