OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Can you still Run & Gun in the rain?  (Read 4672 times)

Offline CntrlPA

Re: Can you still Run & Gun in the rain?
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2020, 12:59:25 PM »
I run and gun regardless of the weather. Rainy days always have less hunters to compete with. Your calls might not carry as far and that goes for gobbles as well.

Offline Dewey_11

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2020, 01:46:41 PM »
Killed several in the rain running and gunning. It’s sure worth it when you get it done

Offline mtns2hunt

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2020, 10:51:39 PM »
I too have killed a few running and gunning in the rain. But overall find it a miserable way to hunt. The humidity makes you wet and sticky where I hunt. The turkeys will be active and in the feilds tho. I have small portable blinds in stategic areas that I use. Stay dry and comfortable. I also have umbrellas that I use on occasion for concelment but find hauling them a pain, plus I have a hard enough time keeping all my other gear in order not to metion my calls dry. Just my opinion.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

Offline Mossberg90MN

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2020, 11:46:00 PM »
I too have killed a few running and gunning in the rain. But overall find it a miserable way to hunt. The humidity makes you wet and sticky where I hunt. The turkeys will be active and in the feilds tho. I have small portable blinds in stategic areas that I use. Stay dry and comfortable. I also have umbrellas that I use on occasion for concelment but find hauling them a pain, plus I have a hard enough time keeping all my other gear in order not to metion my calls dry. Just my opinion.
I have considered a blind for rainy days. Just so I’m still able to actually be out there and not miserable. I’ve sat in the rain for hours with an umbrellas that straps on a tree. Still got soaked. You basically end up packing it in because you feel miserable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline silvestris

• Longbeard
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2020, 07:24:21 PM »
I don’t enjoy hunting in the rain, so I don’t.
“[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer.”  Ken Morgan, “Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Offline 1iagobblergetter

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2020, 12:29:08 AM »
I would think it would be a good way to bump alot of turkeys with them sitting along edges like they do when its raining. I've had my best hunts in light rain or right after,but im setting in a nice blind and staying for the most part dry depending on the quality of your rain gear and how far you have to go to set it up.