OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: 1975 Browning A5 ? TSS Miroku Barrel?  (Read 1229 times)

Offline Antleraddict62

1975 Browning A5 ? TSS Miroku Barrel?
« on: March 31, 2020, 08:56:24 PM »
Good evening this was my dad’s shotgun my grandfather bought for my dad when he graduated high school and my dad gave to me, it has been taking very good care of. I have the original 28 inch barrel that I took off and purchased this 24 inch barrel which is a Japanese Invector Plus, i’ve never killed a turkey with it and I would love to take it in the woods this spring my question is I have a jebs .685 high voltage waterfowl tube already.  I have never used a  choke this open before, I have heard of a lot of people shooting TSS with a 670 to 685 before? If recommended to go to a 660 or 665 that’s no problem either? My other question is what are your thoughts on the old magnums handling heavier loads like this or should I stick to maybe 2 3/4in or 3in 1 5/8oz tss or am I good to go with the 2oz tss loads ? It is the A5 Magnum and I have killed a pile of ducks shooting 3 inch magnum’s in my life with this thing no problem but we are talking about turkey loads?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline lowoctane

• Longbeard
  • “When I die, then I’ll be old.”
Re: 1975 Browning A5 ? TSS Miroku Barrel?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2020, 10:51:31 AM »
 :morning:
That gun was my mentor’s go to turkey gun. I am guessing that he killed 7 gobblers with it using the 3”
full choke barrel. Never an issue!  :camohat:
I’m Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

Offline Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2020, 10:58:55 AM »
Great gun, those wall patterns are pretty good too.....
“Solo hunter”

Offline DBuck90

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2020, 11:49:57 PM »
Look up Jim Ryser on YouTube or Instagram he might be able to help you
He is an a5 fanatic he should be able to give you lots of information if for some reason
You can’t find him he is the one that makes all the sound tracks for the hunting public
He is always posting/commenting on their stuff hopefully he can help and good luck this spring