OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Woods Snacks?!

Started by ManfromGreenSwamp, March 31, 2020, 05:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CALLM2U

I take a 16oz Stanley cup full of coffee (fits perfectly in the water bottle pouch of my vest) and of course a water bladder.

As of late, I've grown very fond of KIND bars to hold me over.

I will have some food in the vehicle for the drive home. 

That being said, with 3 kids under the age of 8, I rarely get full day hunts in anymore so I don't need a ton of food. 

shemp

Maybe I'm hungrier than most...
publix sub, goldfish crackers, 3 hardboiled eggs, shrimp in penne with feta and tomatos. 
Plus a yeti 1/2 gallon thermos
All in the back of the vest.
Good news is the food is gone when I'm walking out, and it's a wash when carrying out a little swamp chicken!

kyturkeyhunter4

bigriverbum

Quote from: shemp on April 01, 2020, 01:41:39 PM
publix sub, goldfish crackers, 3 hardboiled eggs, shrimp in penne with feta and tomatos. 
Good news is the food is gone when I'm walking out, and it's a wash when carrying out a little swamp chicken!

Boy! I'd never shoot a bird. Nothing but naps all day lol

Beards and Hooks

Trail mix is my go to as well, great value brand either indulgent, mountain, or rocky road.

Cut N Run

If I ate 3 hard boiled eggs, I'd have enough gas to power a small city and it would smell about like a papermill downwind of me.    I'm willing to sacrifice so y'all can have my share.

I carry dried apricots, peanuts, dried cranberries, almonds, and water in my vest all the time.  Always have gatorade, more water on ice in the cooler at the truck.  Since I primarily hunt on horse farms, I carry apples, carrots, and granola bars in the truck to share with horses on the way out.  There's some great Barbeque joints on the way home if necessary and plenty of adult beverages at home if it calls for celebration.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

M,Yingling

first weeks of season we can only hunt till noon ,,, if the birds aren't talkin  iam on the move most times  As long as I got full can a chew and a bottle water iam good ,,some extras in truck 
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

Loyalist84

I never carry food in the field, but there's usually a breakfast sandwich from the drive-thru eaten on the way to the next spot or else a banana with coffee in the morning and then nothing until the evening - assuming I'm hunting that long.

Ross R

Clementine, cliff bar, peanut butter crackers, granola bar. 

Tom007

Coconut Kind Bar and water.....
"Solo hunter"

TrackeySauresRex

Gotta Cliff bar and some cold green tea and a banana
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

OJR

Wife makes me trail mix of raw walnuts, pecans, almonds, sugar free chocolate chips and reduced sugar craisins. That and a bottle of water and I'm good to go. Back at the truck a can of Vienna sausages and cheese is pretty good too.

Timmer

In my pockets I have beef jerky, mixed nuts (peanuts and cashews), and sometimes peanut m&m's.  Back in the truck I always have fruit, plain doughnuts, granola bars, and the makings for a sandwich.
Timmer

All of the tools, some of the skills!

hotspur

Quote from: shemp on April 01, 2020, 01:41:39 PM
.  LOL

g8rvet

Granola bar and cup of coffee on the driven banana if we have any (which are never allowed on my boat - bad juju).  A sweet and salty bar or two and a bottle of water in the vest.  If I hit the truck again before moving, I grab another water bottle. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.