turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Woods Snacks?!

Started by ManfromGreenSwamp, March 31, 2020, 05:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ManfromGreenSwamp

We all know what shells you shoot, choke yah use and how many pellets you're installing in the 10@40...

We all know what call maker you support, what striker material is king and what your pappy used...

I wanna know, what's in your your turkey vest as far as favorite snack???

To me, hunting season wouldnt even be without Vienna Sausages, Peanut MnM's OT the likes of Little Debbie peanut butter things riding shotgun in our glovebox or vest.

Something as small as the snack we partake in during our time afield can be so strong in the memory bank from our youth. Almost like smelling campfire in summer, immediatelytaking you to a certain evening in deer camp

Tell me, what's your go to snacky snack?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"First one to the carcass gets the most"
-T.Farley

"I'm livin ta rest, I was born tired"
-B.Button

Greg Massey

Turkey breast sandwich  :TooFunny: Always got Vienna sausage, Beanie Weenies, peanut butter crackers, regular crackers , hot sauce and snake pudding and fruit cups  in my bag that stays in the truck during hunting season also bottle water, couple fruit juice packs. People tell me i could live out of my snack bag.. LOL.

Sir-diealot

Well definitely no Vienna Sausages or anything containing Peanut Butter, I think Vienna Sausages are gross and the smell of Peanut Butter makes me regurgitate!

With my diet my choices are pretty limited, normally some pepperoni, cheese or hard boiled eggs. Every now and again some of that precooked bacon will make it in there somehow too.

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Happy

Deer Jerky, if I am planning on being out for a while a nice 8" cold cut sub with lettuce, tomatoes, pickles and mayo. It fits perfect in my box call pouch on my vest.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

camotoe

Bologna and cheese sandwich , sweet and salty granola. Sardines in mustard sauce . Sardines only during turkey season . Even washed out and put in a plastic bag after eating I still end up smelling like a fish .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marc

Smoked duck  (already out this year)
PB&J
Duck pepper sticks
Beef jerky
Summer Sausage
Assorted candy or protein bars.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

tlh2865

Zipploc bag of bulk-grocery animal crackers will have me set for a long morning afield.

tomstopper

Trail mix

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

coachmitchel

trail mix, jerky, peanut butter cracker, and granola bars

bigriverbum

usually nothing.

a pot of coffee and intermittent smokes keeps the appetite at bay

yelpy

Bottled water or Gatorade. Everything else is more added weight and grounds for a #2.

Bearcat1997

Oatmeal creampies and beef sticks for me!

bobk

PB&J  and fresh fruit.

TonyTurk

Jerky, mixed nuts, and snicker bars

Harty

PB&J,Apple,granola bar,venison sticks,trail mix