OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Gobbler  (Read 1905 times)

Offline BigGobbler

• BigGobblerCalls
Gobbler
« on: March 31, 2020, 12:02:51 PM »

Offline Gobble!

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Raptor Killer
Re: Gobbler
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 01:39:36 PM »
Awesome stuff! You mind posting those pics to the kill thread?

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,95778.0.html

Any story behind the bird?

Offline BigGobbler

• BigGobblerCalls
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 02:27:37 PM »
Yea trying to figure that one out with very limited cell service at camp its challenging enough as it is for me. lol
We hunted him for three days and just could not get him to budge past that invisible barrier at about 50 yards so we let him walk two days in a row. Yesterday morning was foggy and i knew what tree he was roosting in so we slipped in on him and and set up the decoy within 40 yards of him and waited for him to gobble.He gobbled right at 6:55am and just about blew my hat off he was so close. He roosted in another tree 20 yards from the one he normally roost in witch made him closer than i wanted to be to him but he still never knew we were there. it was still to foggy to see him in the tree so I made some very low tree talk and he instantly gobbled back so i went quiet. He gobbled a couple more times but i did nothing for about 10 minutes then i did a wing fly down and he double gobbled. I made some feed chatter and purrs and raked the leaves he gobbled and flew down,he must of been 20 yards from the decoy but still could not see him through the fog and the palmettos I could hear him walking and drumming as he rounded the palmetto bushes in front of the decoy i let him dance for a minute and them i shot him in the face with a load of 3 1/2 #5 longbeards. It was 7:25am when i shot him. It was one of them short hunts that normally you hardly get but i enjoyed every short minute of it.

Online Happy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2020, 07:15:13 PM »
Congrats

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Offline jarbo03

• The Boss Gobbler
  • FEAR THE BEARD!!
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2020, 09:56:01 AM »
Great job!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Offline reflexl

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2020, 10:19:38 AM »
Nice bird

Offline JL_Longbeard

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2020, 10:54:17 AM »
Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Gobble!

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Raptor Killer
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2020, 09:00:09 AM »
Yea trying to figure that one out with very limited cell service at camp its challenging enough as it is for me. lol
We hunted him for three days and just could not get him to budge past that invisible barrier at about 50 yards so we let him walk two days in a row. Yesterday morning was foggy and i knew what tree he was roosting in so we slipped in on him and and set up the decoy within 40 yards of him and waited for him to gobble.He gobbled right at 6:55am and just about blew my hat off he was so close. He roosted in another tree 20 yards from the one he normally roost in witch made him closer than i wanted to be to him but he still never knew we were there. it was still to foggy to see him in the tree so I made some very low tree talk and he instantly gobbled back so i went quiet. He gobbled a couple more times but i did nothing for about 10 minutes then i did a wing fly down and he double gobbled. I made some feed chatter and purrs and raked the leaves he gobbled and flew down,he must of been 20 yards from the decoy but still could not see him through the fog and the palmettos I could hear him walking and drumming as he rounded the palmetto bushes in front of the decoy i let him dance for a minute and them i shot him in the face with a load of 3 1/2 #5 longbeards. It was 7:25am when i shot him. It was one of them short hunts that normally you hardly get but i enjoyed every short minute of it.

Great stuff. With Disney shutdown are you considered essential?

Offline Smooth_Operator

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2020, 09:32:15 AM »
Nice job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,  
But I have promises to keep,  
And miles to go before I sleep,  
And miles to go before I sleep."

Offline West Augusta

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • West By God Virginia
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2020, 02:57:52 PM »
Congrats
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Offline BigGobbler

• BigGobblerCalls
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2020, 09:50:50 PM »

Great stuff. With Disney shutdown are you considered essential?
[/quote]
Yes essential water has to keep flowing. I was sent home on the 3/27 and I go back to work on the 4/19 who knows what will happen after that