OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Ecstasy and agony  (Read 984 times)

Offline reflexl

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
Ecstasy and agony
« on: March 31, 2020, 08:48:55 AM »

The ecstasy and the agony. My plan was to start opening morning with the 1928 Lefever 12 gauge. I got it out today after I finished with the muzzleloaders. Going to give it a final shoot before next Saturday. Right barrel didn't fire. Further examination revealed a broken firing pin. 92 year old guns mean 92 year old parts. I have one ordered. It is supposed to arrive on the 3rd. I still might pull it off.

Last night
 I just put it back together as a single shot. Probably still taking it Saturday. Only need one shot right? I am going to get new springs before putting the new firing pin in it. No sense it tearing it down again. I am taking it with the reproduction Gibson box call. Only fitting since that was the call to have when this gun was new.

The plan is if it doesn't rain to take the Lefever and the Gibson box call. It is now going as a single shot till the parts arrive. I am slowing moving nearly all my hunting to antique guns. I carry something modern as a back up but the primary guns are usually vintage.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 08:57:34 AM by reflexl »