turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Alcohol and cleaning

Started by RiverRoost, March 31, 2020, 12:02:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverRoost

What all pot surfaces do you clean with an alcohol wipe? I carry a Halloran crystal mistress, slate and ceramic with me.

goblr77

I only clean ceramic and aluminum with alcohol wipes.

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Turkeytider

Yep, aluminum only in my case. I didn`t before, but now that I do I find it really makes a positive difference both for the call and strikers.

RiverRoost

So you can wipe the tip of the striker too? How do you clean slate if it looks like it's got a finger print or some sort of spot on it

wchadw

Quote from: RiverRoost on March 31, 2020, 02:23:18 PM
So you can wipe the tip of the striker too? How do you clean slate if it looks like it's got a finger print or some sort of spot on it
I wouldn't. I carry fine grit sandpaper size of palm. Place in plan and lightly twist once or twice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

Use a piece of scotch Brite for your slate and striker tips , no sandpaper ... back and forth east and west.. play downward on the slate top to bottom direction ...

Harty

Alcohol for aluminum and ceramic
Maroon scotchbrite for wood strikers
Green/maroon scotchbrite for slate

Buckrub

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 31, 2020, 04:01:49 PM
Use a piece of scotch Brite for your slate and striker tips , no sandpaper ... back and forth east and west.. play downward on the slate top to bottom direction ...
I always stroke the Scotch Brite in one direction, not back and forth, which will fill the ridges with the dust from the first stroke !!! Also, I always carry a small ziplock bag with a cotton ball soaked in alcohol to clean my aluminum/ceramic surfaces while hunting.

Turkeytider

Sorry , no, didn't mean that impression! Alcohol pad is for the aluminum call after conditioning to get the aluminum dust off of the surface . Maroon scotchbrite for the strikers. They do stay cleaner if you clean the call surface though.