OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New pot call sound file! Clay Townsend Osage glass

Started by chufagold, March 28, 2020, 12:37:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chufagold

A little windy out here but this is one of my favorites right now.   https://youtu.be/TSJfMXwxc7Y

HookedonHooks

Clay certainly makes a killer! His glass pots soft talk better than most other glass calls I feel like.

chufagold

Yeah they do and just overall easier to run to me. I think This one is the same combo he won the DD Adams with.

HookedonHooks

Quote from: chufagold on March 28, 2020, 02:18:09 PM
Yeah they do and just overall easier to run to me. I think This one is the same combo he won the DD Adams with.
It is indeed the same combo that won DD Adams and Best of Show. He had Zebrawood glass over slate that was every bit as good that won 1st in the amateur division as well.

Charlie 51

I have a canary wood glass/red slate coming from him..paired with a diamond wood striker..he's mailing it Monday..on the sound file it's pure turkey..look out turkeys

chufagold

Quote from: Charlie 51 on March 28, 2020, 03:12:03 PM
I have a canary wood glass/red slate coming from him..paired with a diamond wood striker..he's mailing it Monday..on the sound file it's pure turkey..look out turkeys
Congrats man that's a good one also. I got the same one and gonna make a soundfile video later today and post it on here

chufagold

Greg Massey

Both are killer pot calls and his strikers are awesome .

Tom007

Looks like a great call. What is contact info for Clays calls? Thanks....
"Solo hunter"

sbbow

2 great calls right there. Nice calling too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cutt down

Quote from: Tom007 on March 28, 2020, 05:31:58 PM

Message him on facebook. Shag Hill Custom Calls. He'll respond pretty quickly! I also have the osage  glass & it's a killer for sure. His strikers are second to none so check them out. My personal favorite is the snakewood with persimmon top but he makes several different ones.

chufagold

Quote from: cutt down on March 29, 2020, 10:13:45 AM
Quote from: Tom007 on March 28, 2020, 05:31:58 PM

Message him on facebook. Shag Hill Custom Calls. He'll respond pretty quickly! I also have the osage  glass & it's a killer for sure. His strikers are second to none so check them out. My personal favorite is the snakewood with persimmon top but he makes several different ones.
Facebook is how I got in touch as well. His strikers are awesome and feel like they are on a different level. I think I payed 50 for mine but it's worth every penny. In fact Im going to contact him soon and order a few more.

SoIncallcollector

Just got a purple slate from clay and it's one of the easiest playing and best sounding pots I've had. He is making one killer pot for sure. Love the sound of that one. Nice job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom007

Just ordered my Osage Glass over Slate from Clay today. He is very responsive, and I can't wait to get it. Should have it soon. Great guy......
"Solo hunter"

2nd 100

I picked up an Osage / Glass over Red slate first morning of nationals . First call I picked up and it ran like a charm , put it in a coozie and threw it in his chair with 2 strikers and told them I would be back when everyone got started for the morning . Shag Hill is on high ground right now and it is justified they are a class act and build great calls !