Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

First hunt of the year

Started by timberjack86, March 27, 2020, 09:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timberjack86

Taking my son out in the morning. Should be a good day!!

ThunderChickenHunter21

Me too, first hunt with him pulling the trigger. I'm more excited than him I believe lol

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

StruttinGobbler3

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

reflexl

timberjack86

Heard 1 shock gobble when I cutt on my crystal call. Hopefully better luck tomorrow.

ThunderChickenHunter21

Quote from: timberjack86 on March 28, 2020, 12:47:34 PM
Heard 1 shock gobble when I cutt on my crystal call. Hopefully better luck tomorrow.
Yeah no good for us either

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

TNTRKYHunter

I carried a friend of mine's younger brother this morning. We roosted a bird Friday eve on public land. and got in there early this morning to beat the crowds. Bird flew down this morning and came straight to us. However, there was some brush and thick foliage that kept us from getting a clear shot. Unfortunately, the gobbler basically gobbled his way out the ridge away from us. After that the gobbler hushed and we could hear other hunters calling to him. At that point we tried to circle him without success. At 10:15 we ended up at our initial setup and decided to give it another try. It wasn't a few minutes later he gobbled out that same ridge. This time we decided to use the cover as an advantage and was able to get setup in his strut zone. At 10:50 I called him in and my friends brother made a great shot. It was a great hunt with great friends!!

21.5 lbs
9 3/4" beard
1" spurs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

timberjack86

Congrats buddy! We had a good morning. We didn't kill but I got to play the game! First time in 2 years!! He got with a hen before he made it to us. I tried to call her in but she wasn't having it. Got a good candidate for the contest. He showed me where he roosts and where he picks up the ladies. It's a small Wma, I hope I don't have to much competition Saturday. I hope to kill him right after flydown and be back for breakfast by 8. :fud:

misfire

Good bird, congratulations guys.
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net