OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Primos heartbreaker why is it so sought after?  (Read 5915 times)

Offline Mossyguy

Re: Primos heartbreaker why is it so sought after?
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2020, 04:26:30 PM »
I have a Lil Heartbreaker...didn’t realize they were in such high demand!

Offline palongbeard

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2020, 04:55:10 PM »
Tall timber gabriel is a great production 1sider.  I have a couple heartbreakers in collection that I don't hunt but they are full of turkey

Offline dzsmith

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2020, 12:00:43 AM »
I just bought a tall timber Gabriel how does that compare to the heartbreaker?
Rumor has it that it’s real similar. But, I’ve not seen where either are better sounding than the Box Cutter. Just doesn’t have the collectibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

many of primos routed boxes are real similar. heart breaker, Gabriel, box cutter, etc. they all have Anthony foster written all over them if any of you remember the white feather game calls box calls . Anthony works for primos now...or did. I don't know if he does anymore
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

Offline Ctrize

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2020, 08:51:54 AM »
I think the lil heart breaker has a great and unique sound it has stayed very consistent for me over the years even though it has been on the shelf.Unfortunately the big call guys have to come out with a new and improved version or a new name to keep the market going so they make changes.IMO

Offline wvmntnhick

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2020, 08:57:21 AM »
I think the lil heart breaker has a great and unique sound it has stayed very consistent for me over the years even though it has been on the shelf.Unfortunately the big call guys have to come out with a new and improved version or a new name to keep the market going so they make changes.IMO
Same thing with guns. What was wrong with the Remington 721/722? Or the Ruger M77? Nothing. But you can’t find them anymore. 700’s and 77 MKII’s are a dime a dozen. But, if they don’t make changes, John Q has no need for a new rifle. So, innovation is the key. Don’t get me wrong, I love custom rigs as much as the next guy and that’s primarily what I use these days. But, there was nothing wrong with the older rifles. Just like guns, calls change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Jrkimbrough

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2020, 06:46:06 AM »
I personally like the TTG more than the a Heartbreaker!  Just sold my Heartbreaker on ebay, listed buy it now for $100 and it sold in one day! ????

Offline milertyme03

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2020, 02:00:58 PM »
What's the value for a mint battleship?  Still remember the old truth videos on VHS