OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Primos heartbreaker why is it so sought after?

Started by Bobby5, March 27, 2020, 01:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobby5

I was curious why the heartbreaker is such a sought after production call? Why did they quit making it? Is there any production call from primos thats the equivalent ?

MK M GOBL

I have an original Primos lil' Heartbreaker, make a good enough offer and I'd sell it. Seen them go for some good money.

MK M GOBL

fishr64

They were a good running production box call at a good price when I got mine. No idea why but mine went dead on me, so it's out of commission now.

Why did they quit making them, new sells more is apparently the mindset at Primos.

Yoder409

Quote from: fishr64 on March 28, 2020, 09:13:35 AM
They were a good running production box call at a good price when I got mine.

^^^ THIS ^^^

The above, as to WHY people want them.  Why folks are giving the cash they are for them............not so sure.  There are other production calls ............and Primos makes some of those..........that run just as well.  And then, there's the custom calls you can get into for the same money or LESS than what folks are shelling out for the Heartbreakers.

I got mine reasonable.  Will signed it and gave it to me.  I did, however, actually pay for my Battleship when I got it, later on.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Bobby5

Quote from: Yoder409 on March 28, 2020, 09:21:59 AM
Quote from: fishr64 on March 28, 2020, 09:13:35 AM
They were a good running production box call at a good price when I got mine.

^^^ THIS ^^^

The above, as to WHY people want them.  Why folks are giving the cash they are for them............not so sure.  There are other production calls ............and Primos makes some of those..........that run just as well.  And then, there's the custom calls you can get into for the same money or LESS than what folks are shelling out for the Heartbreakers.

Which primos calls sound just as good that you can buy today? I have a lynch foolproof was curious if it would be worth the money to upgrade.

I got mine reasonable.  Will signed it and gave it to me.  I did, however, actually pay for my Battleship when I got it, later on.

outdoors

If you like one siders this is a really good call , at least the one I got , can't beat it for under 60 bucks
PRIMOS 2915  TURKEY CALL BOX TALL TIMBER GABRIEL
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

gaswamp

wvmntnhick

Quote from: outdoors on March 28, 2020, 10:01:37 AM
If you like one siders this is a really good call , at least the one I got , can't beat it for under 60 bucks
This would be the only one I'd buy. Unless I could find a Box Cutter. Member here hooked me up with one. Lost mine years back. Personally, I think it sounds just as good as the heartbreaker ever did and right in line with the TTG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StruttinGobbler3

Quote from: outdoors on March 28, 2020, 10:01:37 AM
Agreed. I have the Gabriel one sider and it's a fine call. Especially so for a production box for 60 dollars. Beats some more expensive custom boxes I've had

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

dswmsn

I sold my Primos Heartbreaker on O.G. classifieds a year or so back for $60-$65. Someone meaning well, PM that I could have sold it for considerably more like those on Ebay. Well, I personally was never that impressed with it, so I sold it for what I thought it was worth. To each their own I guess.

wvmntnhick

Quote from: dswmsn on March 30, 2020, 08:36:29 PM
I sold my Primos Heartbreaker on O.G. classifieds a year or so back for $60-$65. Someone meaning well, PM that I could have sold it for considerably more like those on Ebay. Well, I personally was never that impressed with it, so I sold it for what I thought it was worth. To each their own I guess.
Wish I'd known that.

dzsmith

because they don't make them anymore. Pretty good sounding call for a routed box call. I have a signed heartbreaker, lil heart breaker, and battleship long box. I don't use them, just collect. They were good calls for the time, and still are. But I have better that aren't collectors items.
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

ahfox16

I have both (regular and little) and use them quite a bit.  Seems like they can pull a gobble out of a gobbler sometimes when nothing else does.

Bobby5

I just bought a tall timber Gabriel how does that compare to the heartbreaker?

wvmntnhick

Quote from: Bobby5 on April 05, 2020, 08:41:53 AM
I just bought a tall timber Gabriel how does that compare to the heartbreaker?
Rumor has it that it's real similar. But, I've not seen where either are better sounding than the Box Cutter. Just doesn't have the collectibility.