turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Green and Purple Slate

Started by M,Yingling, March 27, 2020, 10:48:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M,Yingling

Got some purple slate with in Figured would give it a shoot. The purple to me is bit higher pitched got faster brake to it check video out I compared the 2   Just dropped the purple into the green slate pot dimensions. Guess could dig into it deeper get different sound from purple but got 2 pieces and that will be it going stick with green for now    Both pots are sappy black Cherry pots Video. https://youtu.be/X9Z936TizfM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

MDTOM84

I like the purple a little bit more than the green

Buckrub

I think the purple carries a lot more volume with a higher pitch. I like the purple much more then the green !!  It will reach out farther and if it can tone down for close stuff it's definitely a winner IMO !!!

Greg Massey

Nice pot calls .. Mike .. liking that purple slate ..

Harty

Nice cherry pots mike. If I had to choose one I'd snatch the purple.

M,Yingling

Thanks. Yes I think most would like the purple that's the glass crystal sound every body is wanting now days  Weather it gray slate ceramic what ever   I think Purple runs more like glass or crystal   Think I would rather run crystal or glass for that sound
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
My YouTube

M,Yingling

Quote from: Buckrub on March 27, 2020, 11:35:33 AM
I think the purple carries a lot more volume with a higher pitch. I like the purple much more then the green !!  It will reach out farther and if it can tone down for close stuff it's definitely a winner IMO !!!
.       Yes call will tone down run   Wouldn't build them any other way
My YouTube

sbbow

Good looking calls Mike!

Chris O

I like the sound of both and they will both definitely work on turkeys.

wvmntnhick

Quote from: Chris O on March 28, 2020, 08:21:03 AM
I'll be finding out soon enough. Got one of each from Mike. I don't like slate. Have gotten rid of all of them over the years. But, I've kept Mike's and I use it regularly. Figured a couple more wouldn't hurt. Keep one in my vest, one in freaky seat, one in me TT bag. COVERED!

Chris O

Quote from: wvmntnhick on March 28, 2020, 08:26:52 AM
I'll be finding out soon enough. Got one of each from Mike. I don't like slate. Have gotten rid of all of them over the years. But, I've kept Mike's and I use it regularly. Figured a couple more wouldn't hurt. Keep one in my vest, one in freaky seat, one in me TT bag. COVERED!

Sounds like you are ready!!! I really like Mike's calls also. Which one do you think you prefer?

wvmntnhick

Quote from: Chris O on March 28, 2020, 08:56:15 AM
Quote from: wvmntnhick on March 28, 2020, 08:26:52 AM

Sounds like you are ready!!! I really like Mike's calls also. Which one do you think you prefer?

I don't have the green or purple in hand yet but I use his gray slate a lot. Which, as I said earlier, is weird because I don't like slate. Having said that, gun to my head, have to pick one of Mike's calls, might as well pull the trigger. Like them all. But, if I ultimately had to choose, it would either be his slate or brass that I've gotten from him.

His aluminum has done well. Have a couple copper pots that have brought a few to their death. His ceramic has killed one for me and I've used it to call a couple for a friend. Have a crystal that was the first custom pot I killed a bird with and it's gotten a few since then. Hard to choose. But, the slate or brass are with me almost every hunt.