OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Maryland turkey season

Started by potter, April 14, 2020, 03:42:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobble!

Quote from: Remturkey on April 16, 2020, 01:43:33 AM
Our annual turkey hunting/trout fishing camping trip to Green Ridge SF with some guys from my church is cancelled this year. We have been enjoying this for at least 20 years.  I'm fortunate to know some co-workers in the area that I can stay in a pop-up in their yard.  Definitely going to save some birds this year, 2021 may be pretty interesting. 

Taunto, shoot me a PM about where you normally hunt while your down here. I may know some places you can possibly stay.

I don't know about that saving birds part. Hunting and harvest numbers are above average for the southern states that have already started. It's going to prevent some from traveling but local hunters will be out more than ever.

EKavanagh

I'm a MD resident and I plan to hunt. Will not shoot a jake.

The situation around fishing is even more screwy - you can fish for sustenance but no boating allowed. But, you can go on a charter boat (under 10 people) and also kayak all you want. Can't fish for bass because not during period you can keep/eat them. So, I guess you have to be "fishing for pickerel" or some other species and be releasing all those pesky bass that keep biting.

I understand the intent of the law and plan to adhere to that (already wearing a mask while shopping, etc). Since I do eat any turkeys I shoot, I'll be satisfying the letter of the executive order as well.

Crazy times

1ST DRAW

My nephew lives in MD and I live in VA. He was going to come to VA for youth day but they have his head so twisted he was afraid to cross the state line into VA to hunt for fear he might get some kind of ticket.
Three weeks ago I was all over one of the state forrests looking around and didn't see another person except one guy trout fishing.

Remturkey

Gobble,
What I was thinking is that normally MD gets a lot of pressure the first two weeks from PA guys that come down and camp and hunt public. With no camping being allowed in State Parks and Forrest this year maybe those guys won't make the trip.  Your absolutely right about the locals who are off going a lot more than usual. Guess we'll see.  I'm fortunate to be able to pretty much hunt whenever I want during the entire season.