turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

turkey shot with bow @105 yards

Started by doublespurs21, March 25, 2020, 08:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doublespurs21

on a bowhunting  site,, someone posted a video of himself using his bow,, taking a 105 yard shot at a gobbler in a open field, I wouldn't say what happen, dead or wounded,miss,,  and the gobbler was walking also,,,

SinGin

I think this same video was posted on archerytalk a few years ago. Thank you for not posting a link, no good will come from it

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Greg Massey

Haven't seen the video, that's a long shot .

TauntoHawk

There are some people who purposely take hard/difficult/crazy shot attempts on video for the sole purpose of gaining more views. they know a successful one will undoubtedly result in a far more views, these usually say it all in the video description and will be in all caps like "TURKEY WITH A BOW AT 105YDS!!!". The problem is they can yap about how they "train" for this or that and they are that "good" yada yada but never have to show you the 6 misses and 4 crippled animals from earlier that season/week/hunt while taking unethical shots.

There are hunters who Chronicle their hunts, the ups and the downs on video.

And then there are those that release the highlight reel. I avoid those people's channels and programs

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

GobbleNut

Quote from: TauntoHawk on March 26, 2020, 09:06:44 AM
The problem is they can yap about how they "train" for this or that and they are that "good" yada yada but never have to show you the 6 misses and 4 crippled animals from earlier that season/week/hunt while taking unethical shots.

Exactly,...and regardless of how good they think they are, that IS going to happen.  Unfortunately, we are seeing the same thing starting to show up with hunters in other weapons types, as well.  The "thousand yard" rifle shooters and "five hundred yard" muzzleloader shooters are part of that same mentality.  Ethics and concern for the animal be damned. 

TauntoHawk

Quote from: GobbleNut on March 26, 2020, 09:53:04 AM
Quote from: TauntoHawk on March 26, 2020, 09:06:44 AM
The problem is they can yap about how they "train" for this or that and they are that "good" yada yada but never have to show you the 6 misses and 4 crippled animals from earlier that season/week/hunt while taking unethical shots.

Exactly,...and regardless of how good they think they are, that IS going to happen.  Unfortunately, we are seeing the same thing starting to show up with hunters in other weapons types, as well.  The "thousand yard" rifle shooters and "five hundred yard" muzzleloader shooters are part of that same mentality.  Ethics and concern for the animal be damned.
Oh yeah it's pervasive through all weapons, for me if the hunter is jumping around acting all surprised that they just made the shot its a dead give away they shouldn't have been taking it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

the Ward

Was it that Tim Wells guy? He has a ton of u-tube vids up doing crazy stuff like spear hunting water buffalo and blowgun hunting bears. They had some long range bow shots on african game and one where he shot a running griz at 90 something yards with a bow hitting it in the head, killing it. I certainly not condoning the long range bow shooting, but the blowgun hunting was insane.

Happy

There used to be a day when people bragged about how close they got to their quarry. Now they brag about being bad hunters.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

fallhnt

Quote from: the Ward on March 26, 2020, 10:35:38 AM
Was it that Tim Wells guy? He has a ton of u-tube vids up doing crazy stuff like spear hunting water buffalo and blowgun hunting bears. They had some long range bow shots on african game and one where he shot a running griz at 90 something yards with a bow hitting it in the head, killing it. I certainly not condoning the long range bow shooting, but the blowgun hunting was insane.
Not him....but he ain't no joke.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

fallhnt

AT had a tread about how far or can you kill a turkey at 100 yrds. It blew up in the OP face. TSS guys think that stuff is magic dust too.

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

the Ward

Quote from: fallhnt on March 26, 2020, 11:58:21 AM
Not him....but he ain't no joke.

You ain't kidding about that!

dublelung

The bear wasn't that far and it wasn't running but he most definitely hit it right between the eyes and dropped it on the spot! Tim Wells is the real deal!

Marc

I did see the video, but it was not a direct link.

Were I able to find where the hunter posted his video, I would post a TACTFUL condemnation of his hunting methods.  Those vitriolic hateful posts of condemnation do nothing except make the person more defensive, and more likely to stand their ground.

I have never been a proponent that if it is legal, it is OK.

But it does bring home the point that some people want to engage in the experience of hunting a turkey, and some want to figure out how to kill one...  This example exemplifies that point.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.