Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Springtime hobbies (besides turkey hunting)

Started by Big Guy, March 26, 2020, 05:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silvestris

"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

High plains drifter

Mushrooms hunt, golf, talk to farmers,  rock hunt,  ski, build things for the wife, buy the wife stuff.

Big Guy

WildTigerTrout

Fly fishing for trout and tying flies.  Flyfishing is as addicting as turkey hunting.  I turkey hunt the morning and fly fish the afternoon to evening!  I love the month of May!
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

dzsmith

I have no other hobbies....I work, when im not working or doing maintenance around the house im hunting. Deer season, trapping season, turkey season, work around the house for a couple months of the summer  getting ready for deer season. Then it starts all over. With that said , I work a lot of hours. Not interested in fishing, not interested in ducks, or really anything else. Don't follow sports. My times is 100% occupied with what I do already, and most years I don't even get to trap even though I love it.
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

wvmntnhick

Little trout fishing and beyond that, it's work. Been able to get my girls out the last couple days. That's been nice. Aside from that, work. Past couple of years, very little fishing. My business got in the way. Now, with things shut down, I make time and I take my girls along if the choose to go. We've had some fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk