turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Winchester 1300 problem

Started by ethan_quick, March 23, 2020, 09:59:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ethan_quick

I have a winchester 1300 that I picked up from a pawn shop. I'm having problems with the bolt not carrying the shell all the way out of the action. It seems like the extractor isn't holding the shell. Anybody else have problems like this with a 1300?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

THattaway

Check this attachment and look at part #13. That is a part I had problems with on a gun I have, mentioned this in another thread here. If this part gets misshapen it can jam the gun, bind the bolt and maybe not eject the shell. Older models like the laminate stock had the barrel side of the #13 part going into a slot on the barrel, newer models have a clip that holds it and it doesn't extend into the barrel. It that is not the problem then I'd look at the extractor claw #15. No help from me beyond that.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-manufacturer/winchester/shotguns-win/1300-win/parts-list-win-1300
"Turkeys ain't nothing but big quail son."-Dad

"The truth is that no one really gives a dam how many turkeys you kill."-T

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles