OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Peroxide on mouth calls?

Started by Sir-diealot, March 23, 2020, 07:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

JUST GOING TO TRASH THEM. I have some mouthcalls I can't use and was thinking of giving them to a friends kid, is it okay to put them in a mix of Peroxide and mouth wash to sterilize them or should I just use mouthwash on them? (Does the mouthwash have to have alcohol in it? Mine does not) Thanks for the help. JUST GOING TO TRASH THEM
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

bbcoach

Sir, Non alcohol mouthwash is all that you need.  Gives them a nice taste as well.  Drop mine in it several times a season.  Refreshing.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: bbcoach on March 23, 2020, 07:30:43 PM
Sir, Non alcohol mouthwash is all that you need.  Gives them a nice taste as well.  Drop mine in it several times a season.  Refreshing.
Okay, I just wanted to be sure with everything going on they would be sterilized. Thanks for the help
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

davisd9

I would suggest just throwing them away. I would not want my kids to have anyone else's used mouth calls. Nice idea, but some things should not be shared, IMO.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Sir-diealot

Quote from: davisd9 on March 23, 2020, 07:40:11 PM
I would suggest just throwing them away. I would not want my kids to have anyone else's used mouth calls. Nice idea, but some things should not be shared, IMO.
I would not use used ones myself, I am a bit of a germophobe, but everyone is different.

John Koenig:

EZ

vt35mag

Toss em

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Bowguy

StruttinGobbler3

Take it from a guy who works ER; considering the virus that's circulating at the moment, throw them in the trash. Buy him a couple new ones if you want to give him any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

Southerngobbler

Anything that's been in any orifice of someones is generally considered trash once they are done with it.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: StruttinGobbler3 on March 23, 2020, 08:15:49 PM
Take it from a guy who works ER; considering the virus that's circulating at the moment, throw them in the trash. Buy him a couple new ones if you want to give him any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
That is one of the reasons I had thought of adding peroxide. I guess it is the part of me that had little to anything for so long, it is hard for me to throw anything away if I think it can be recycled, drives my girlfriend crazy. When she and I got together 8 years ago I still had receipts from the 80's I was soaking them but I guess I will just trash them. I have given him two nice pot calls already.

John Koenig:

Bowguy

Look at it this way. Do you hand down your toothbrush?? Just throw it out and don't look back.

Greg Massey

No way i would give used mouth calls to kid , i would buy him new ones before i would do that at all..

Sir-diealot

Like I said, I will trash them.

John Koenig:

crow

Quote from: Bowguy on March 23, 2020, 08:31:07 PM
Look at it this way. Do you hand down your toothbrush?? Just throw it out and don't look back.

Holy mother of Pearl, thats how I was looking at it.

it would take more than 2 quarts of peroxide , a big bottle of rubbing alcohol and 6 or 8 doubles of Makers Mark before I would think of useing the toothbrush my dear old Mother left on the sink when she left last month.