OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Trying to figure out a setup on 3 Toms I have roosted  (Read 2012 times)

Offline Ethanb214

• Instagram: Ethan_baxt
Trying to figure out a setup on 3 Toms I have roosted
« on: March 23, 2020, 01:25:44 PM »
I’ve got 3-4 Toms roosted and know generally where they fly down to and potentially which direction they go after flying down. I came within 50 yards of them Saturday and they just wouldn’t fly down to me because I was on the opposite side of some thick brush directly under their trees, and their hens were on the side opposite from me. I’m 80% sure the hens are roosted separately from the Toms, because I heard the hens start coming to the Toms before they flew down, and I’m not sure how to set up on them. If I set Up on the trail they are flying down to, I’ll be possibly too close to them, and if the hens come in, they’ll be walking right over top of me most likely. And if I try to set up a decoy I’m fearful that I’ll spook the Toms. Should I try to get in an hour or two before the Toms wake up and will that make it so I can set up my decoy without being spotted or having my cover blown. And what kind of decoy setup should I use. Hen, jake, or hen and Jake together. And should I set the decoys up where they land normally or should I offset it some from the trail they land on. Thanks

Offline strum

Re: Trying to figure out a setup on 3 Toms I have roosted
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 06:53:16 PM »
Put this in the general section youll get more replys