Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Social Responsibility and Turkey hunting.

Started by Marc, March 23, 2020, 01:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

g8rvet

Nothing at all wrong with turkey hunting in the face of this. I have been.  I have killed one.  I stopped for fuel at an unmanned pump at 3:30 am.  There is no one in my county with it, diagnosed anyway.  I think a well planned out trip with consideration for if you have or have not likely been exposed is fine. I would not travel to or through an area with a high number.  If I lived in an area with a high incidence, I would not travel somewhere with a low incidence, but that is because I am not scared of getting it as much as I am spreading it. 

We are following safety guidelines from experts at my workplace.  We were well stocked with safety equipment prior to this as we use it on a routine basis. 

I think that someone that cares about humans will worry more about spreading than contracting.  Have consideration and follow safety guidelines and you should be fine.  Some folks only care about themselves and their immediate gratification and hopefully their ignorance and indifference will not harm others. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

LaLongbeard

Quote from: Howie g on March 24, 2020, 07:56:57 PM
Quote from: LaLongbeard on March 24, 2020, 07:33:55 PM
Quote from: Howie g on March 24, 2020, 07:29:08 PM
The above proves my case and point ... ^

So that's gonna be a NO on any answer to the question? Got it. Have fun in the bunker I hope the Democrats don't forget some of you lol
      Ps I heard 3 Gobblers this morning and none of them had the flu!
.   Man , I pray you don't catch this virus ,  seems you don't have many brain cells to spare .  Ps, good luck in collecting 2 of the 3 gobblers you heard . Seems killing turkeys is very important to you .

Seems if you had many brain cells you could come up an answer to the question. Your obviously scarred silly about it and have locked yourself up with the TP and microwave noodles, I would think with all that time on your hands you could figure out an answer you being so smart? If nothing else can you verify that you have enough supplies that you will not be leaving the fort for two months? Lol
I wouldn't be to concerned with me catching the virus I'll be fine, you may want to pray for them 3 Gobblers though.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

1iagobblergetter

How come it is ok for us to go to work,but not turkey hunt?

owlhoot

Quote from: LaLongbeard on March 24, 2020, 07:06:13 PM
Quote from: warrent423 on March 24, 2020, 01:43:51 PM
Short of either hospitalization or death, I have and will be Spring Turkey Hunting on into at least the second Sunday in May, regardless of national or state seasonal shutdown. NOTHING or NOBODY will keep me from hunting Gobblers in the Spring. Turkey hunting is what I live for.

Agreed
NOBODY has even tried to explain how a solo Turkey hunter is going to add to the risk. All you experts in "China flu" get together and get me an answer by tomorrow if you can, or just shut lol. Are y'all trying to tell me you are not going anywhere gas station,grocery store,pharmacy etc. just sitting in your TP bunker working on "curve flattening charts"? The Government said don't hoard food just by a weeks supply. So what are all you responsible citizens gonna do in a week or 15 days or next Sept.( time frame depends on which news show is doing the hyping). Unless your gonna stay in the TP bunker till Pelosi let's you out, you will be taking and contributing the same risk as a turkey hunter. 
    On top of all that not everyone drives a truck that gets 3 miles a gallon, or requires a whole bag of donuts, and a case on Mountain Dew to hunt from daylight till 9:30. I usually hunt all day and don't need to stop anywhere. There's not been a single case of "bat stew flu"  in my parish, maybe everyone here doesn't lick door knobs?
     Finally y'all need to realize some of us are not scared of this virus. And some of us take Hunting Turkeys serous.
A solo hunter wouldn't . The problem would be the amount of hunters that could go I would guess.

owlhoot

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on March 24, 2020, 08:29:03 PM
You are an essential worker, keeping medicine, food, water moving or the general public safe.

Kylongspur88

Quote from: Gooserbat on March 24, 2020, 01:31:29 PM
Quote from: g8rvet on March 24, 2020, 01:30:11 PM
"Now, imagine enough people sick that there is no means for adequate health care, no stores open to purchase food"

This is EXACTLY what is happening in Italy and New York City.

Country people have food.

For now. If folks in the city panic and run out of recourses they will head to the sticks in droves. The local farm to fork places here are already out of meat and eggs. The panic buying is rediculous but then again most people aren't exactly rational when confronted with a real danger or prospect of adversity

bigriverbum

"For now. If folks in the city panic and run out of recourses they will head to the sticks in droves. The local farm to fork places here are already out of meat and eggs. The panic buying is rediculous but then again most people aren't exactly rational when confronted with a real danger or prospect of adversity"

this is why the fear mongering and politics needs to end. this IS a threat, but lets work together, be safe, follow guidelines and get through this as one.  the virus is surely a danger but us finding unnecessary enemies and panicking is the real danger to our society and economy

hopefully after this has passed more people will realize how amazing we have it in this country and won't take things for granted anymore.

things as simple as MLB baseball don't matter in the big picture, but i will be so thankful if they're able to play this year

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: owlhoot on March 24, 2020, 08:35:47 PM
You are an essential worker, keeping medicine, food, water moving or the general public safe.
If I'm essential enough they can risk me for others a little Gobbler hunting ain't gonna hurt me now is it??? :funnyturkey:

g8rvet

I don't think anyone is advocating not turkey hunting that I have seen.  Unless I missed a post somewhere from someone I am ignoring.  It is fine to turkey hunt.  I think that is one of the safest endeavors to do. Use some sense and plan ahead, don't be around anyone.  Wash your hands before entering or leaving any place where you are forced to human contact.  Don't go to places that have a high incidence.  If someone is traveling across the country, they are going to have to stop somewhere and they are going to have to go home.  I think if we are considerate of other's safety we should be fine.  If you have been exposed to someone with it, STAY HOME for 14 days!  Period. 

I did not go to Canada in 2018 because of Michael.  Not because I could not have, but I could not leave my family and my work without power and I could not leave the people in my community that needed help.  I was on top of roofs drying them in, clearing debris to people's houses with chainsaw and tractor,  clearing debris, etc.  I do not regret missing it one bit. 

What I have seen here is people advocating safety and consideration and if need be, a willingness to give up something they love dearly if that is what is best for others.  They should be applauded instead of ridiculed.  But to each their own.
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

1iagobblergetter

Ya. How about Illinois? I get to go there tomorrow? Ain't been there in over a year. Gee what a coincidence. Then the people your trying to feed bought all the damn hand sanitizer and gloves to boot. Lmao..im a gonner...

idgobble

I see posters here complaining about "scare tactics" being used by the media and the party they don't like to convince us we are in a serious situation.  Is this a scare tactic by our President, "there will be 'suicides by the thousands' if the US coronavirus shutdown continues"?

g8rvet

I can't control others, let alone states. 

People I am trying to feed?  Or you are trying to feed?   ya lost me there brother.

My BIL made his own sanitizer with Aloe and 70% Iso alcohol he bought.  Pretty ingenious! 

I am not advocating closing anything, not sure why some folks are getting so bent at folks that just want others to be safe.  Maybe I am misunderstanding. 

Good luck and hope you get to hunt.  I am headed to bed, we have one we gonna go after in the morning.  I heard him the day I killed mine and he wants to take a truck ride. 

fallhnt

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on March 24, 2020, 08:54:14 PM
Ya. How about Illinois? I get to go there tomorrow? Ain't been there in over a year. Gee what a coincidence. Then the people your trying to feed bought all the damn hand sanitizer and gloves to boot. Lmao..im a gonner...
Headed my way. I'm thinking of going bowfishing tomorrow

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: idgobble on March 24, 2020, 08:57:52 PM
I see posters here complaining about "scare tactics" being used by the media and the party they don't like to convince us we are in a serious situation.  Is this a scare tactic by our President, "there will be 'suicides by the thousands' if the US coronavirus shutdown continues"?
Only if he can scare democrats & liberals into suicide. Us Republicans have nothing to worry about. :icon_thumright:

owlhoot

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on March 24, 2020, 08:45:25 PM
Quote from: owlhoot on March 24, 2020, 08:35:47 PM
If I'm essential enough they can risk me for others a little Gobbler hunting ain't gonna hurt me now is it??? :funnyturkey:
You wouldn't think so . But the states, counties etc. decide what is and what is not ok for you to do.
If they enforce it.
My papers say nothing about hunting fishing and lovin everyday. Just going to work.