only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Buying made in USA

Started by fallhnt, March 22, 2020, 10:26:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

Quote from: owlhoot on March 23, 2020, 12:19:08 AM
Quote from: Dtrkyman on March 22, 2020, 11:42:37 PM
The Chinese are not responsible for making the cheap junk, the american corporations and consumers are!
Agree, if the consumers keep buying it the corporations will make it there.
Their government is responsible for lying about how bad it was though, for that I feel they should be forced to pay restitution to all other countries.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Tom007

I hear they will be lifting sovereignty protection with China so they can be litigated against for this tragedy just like the 9-11 situation. Hope they do.
"Solo hunter"

NCL

I started trying to buy American made back in the 70's when all the foreign made cars started flooding in. Saw a bumper sticker on the back of a Toyota that said support American loggers and thought how about American Auto manufactures. It is now very difficult to to buy American. It seems all clothing is made in foreign countries and much of the stuff in Walmart comes from overseas. As long as their labor stays cheap then they can under cut prices. 

camotoe

Chinese will be buying all the stocks as they hit the bottom . They own us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1iagobblergetter

How many parts in someone's supposed American made actually come from over seas or are outsourced?
Sometimes we think we are getting something American,but it's American/???..

Mossberg90MN

Quote from: camotoe on March 23, 2020, 09:48:21 AM
Chinese will be buying all the stocks as they hit the bottom . They own us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They're definitely doing that now... that's what bothers me the most. When all the stocks shoot back up and they own a lot of it?? Ouch! Not gonna be fun.

Harty

I always buy American when I can and am willing to pay more for it. As mentioned throughout this thread that is very difficult. So much is made abroad.

Sixes

Most people are not going to give up WalMart and Bass Pro.

the Ward

I try to avoid buying chinese goods as much as possible, but as others posted stated, it is sometimes nigh impossible to avoid. Hopefully some good will come out of this plague, and we start to manufacture more things here rather than abroad. Going to be tough going for a bit, but maybe we needed this, as sad as it is, to open some eyes in the public and goverment.

LaLongbeard

I remember back in the 80s the buy American tags in clothes and advertisements on TV that pretty much evaporated by mid 90's. I have a bunch of USA made camo original bottomland,realtree etc. They all are far better quality, fade less and fit better than any high dollar foreign junk sold . I'd hate to see the shape of a person that would fit the Mossyoak stores camo pants sold now. They'd have to be about 5'3 tall with a 42" waist and enjoy having there front pockets directly under their arm pits and have to reach over the shoulder for the wallet lol.  What about all these Chinese made turkey vests with 150 pockets in weird sizes and shapes? Half the pockets won't hold any Turkey call I've ever seen so what are they for? Last vests I saw at  Cabelas was shiney and cheap looking, threads coming out of seems hanging on the rack? We need a company like Liberty used to be all American made designed by a hunter not a sweat shop foreman.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Buckman84

We still manufacture here in the us? Lol!

Tail Feathers

Quote from: Sir-diealot on March 23, 2020, 12:15:29 AM
Quote from: owlhoot on March 23, 2020, 12:12:38 AM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on March 22, 2020, 11:50:22 PM
Have been trying to where I can, money does not always allow it though.
Yeah i know , it ain't easy.
One thing i said to myself is that do i really need that made in china Stevens 410
Nope. Do i need those china primos calls or the new made in china bottomland clothes, nope.
Now I have guns, clothes that are not made in china, my calls the last few years come from makers on here.
If you don't need to support the china goods then I don't.
Agreed, I will not own a foreign vehicle and I have had people offer to give me one, I just can't bring myself to do it.
My Toyota was made in CA. My last Dodge was made in Mexico.  It's hard to say which puts more dollars in American pockets anymore.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

BB30

The Chinese are not responsible for making the cheap junk, the american corporations and consumers are!

Somewhat true and somewhat false. You can thank the govt for a lot of it. Our over regulation on certain industries etc. would have put some companies/corporations out of business had they elected to continue to try and manufacture here in the states.

It's no different than people going online to amazon or some other business now and ordering instead of buying from your local sporting goods store because it is a few dollars cheaper and they offer free two day shipping.

I am guilty of buying on amazon etc. as well to save a couple of dollars here and there but it comes at a cost to local businesses.

Basically the rules are different overseas so you can produce things cheaper. If company A is based in America and manufacturing in America and company B is based in Canada and manufacturing in China, Company B will be able to sell virtually the same product at a discounted price and will ultimately force company A to re-brand/re market to a different customer base or move the manufacturing process to China or Japan.

Also, there is a misconception that anything made in China won't be made as well as it would if it were being Manufactured in America. That used to be the case but with automation becoming so big etc. there really isn't a huge difference in the quality of the product on a lot of items. Some things are still made poorly over there but it isn't nearly as bad as it was even just 15-20 years ago.

I own a small business and we have some products manufactured in China and we have some manufactured in America. The majority of our Manufacturing is done here in the U.S. but we have a couple of products that we just wouldn't be able to compete in if we didn't take the manufacturing of those items overseas.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Tail Feathers on March 23, 2020, 12:42:29 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on March 23, 2020, 12:15:29 AM
Quote from: owlhoot on March 23, 2020, 12:12:38 AM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on March 22, 2020, 11:50:22 PM
Have been trying to where I can, money does not always allow it though.
Yeah i know , it ain't easy.
One thing i said to myself is that do i really need that made in china Stevens 410
Nope. Do i need those china primos calls or the new made in china bottomland clothes, nope.
Now I have guns, clothes that are not made in china, my calls the last few years come from makers on here.
If you don't need to support the china goods then I don't.
Agreed, I will not own a foreign vehicle and I have had people offer to give me one, I just can't bring myself to do it.
My Toyota was made in CA. My last Dodge was made in Mexico.  It's hard to say which puts more dollars in American pockets anymore.
I understand what you are saying, Dodge is a hard one for me because I am a MOPAR man through and through and seeing Fiat* owning a controlling interest really bugs me, there was a time that the MOPAR corporations (Dodge to be precise) owned Lamborghini for a time. Best vehicles I have every owned have always been MOPAR followed by Ford and then a very distant GM
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Turkeyman

BINGO! I was waiting for someone to say that! American businesses saw the profit margin increase due to the cheap Chinese wages, everyone flocks to Walmart and Harbor Freight to save money...even though the quality is not as good as what they used to buy they say, what the heck...it'll suit my needs.