OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Zach Farmer

Started by gobblers roost, March 22, 2020, 03:11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobblers roost

One just posted on ebay not mine

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1iagobblergetter

That would probably be the one call of mine I'd break or lose while hunting if I was so lucky to own one.  :angry9:

ThunderChickenHunter21

Buy it now 4200$ i know its worth what someone will pay but 4200$??? Is it really worth that? I'm not a trumpet guy so not familiar with zach farmer

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Gobbler428

Look on UTube, he has two videos.

richard black

Someone has put in a bid on it, $2500. Wow that's a lot of cash. But then, how many come up for sale.  To each their own.

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: richard black on March 23, 2020, 08:41:24 AM
Someone has put in a bid on it, $2500. Wow that's a lot of cash. But then, how many come up for sale.  To each their own.
The reserve isn't met either so $2500 won't buy it.

gaswamp

I wouldn't think now would be a good time to sell high dollar calls

Greg Massey

All i can say it's awesome trumpet .. at least i got to see picture of it...

callmakerman

Quote from: gaswamp on March 23, 2020, 08:45:22 PM
I wouldn't think now would be a good time to sell high dollar calls
He tosses one on every now then to test the waters. I don't think he has ever sold one on ebay.

ThunderChickenHunter21

Quote from: Gobbler428 on March 22, 2020, 04:37:44 PM
If I had 4200$ and that call was available, I'd buy it just to hope to try and be able to get that sound out of it that that man can make come out of it. My goodness

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: ThunderChickenHunter21 on March 23, 2020, 11:20:57 PM
Quote from: Gobbler428 on March 22, 2020, 04:37:44 PM
If I had 4200$ and that call was available, I'd buy it just to hope to try and be able to get that sound out of it that that man can make come out of it. My goodness

You could do that with alot cheaper one if you wore yours  around your neck 24/7 like he does.

Bowguy

Guys if I may cause I'm not a trumpet type expert by even the furthest stretch. Why exactly are they so expensive and what's the allure? My buddy has a couple and though I can do air suction type calls those seem really temperamental. My experience w them is limited but what gives??
I assume supply/demand but they ought to work well imo. Not that they don't for some I'm just not getting the allure for that price

Terry

For Farmer it's all based on demand. He is a legend and doesn't make many therefore they are rare and sought-after. Anyone who thinks buying one of his calls is going to make you sound like him is sadly mistaken. For the individual who wants to sound like him, I'd focus a lot more on practice than what call you're using.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Gobbler428

Quote from: Terry on March 24, 2020, 08:33:10 AM
For Farmer it's all based on demand. He is a legend and doesn't make many therefore they are rare and sought-after. Anyone who thinks buying one of his calls is going to make you sound like him is sadly mistaken. For the individual who wants to sound like him, I'd focus a lot more on practice than what call you're using.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
X2

howl

It's not the piece. Farmer sounds the same on any style trumpet he runs. Trumpets help modulate and amplify, but your sound comes from you.

There are plenty of fiddles that sound as good as a Stradivarius, but you don't recognize their name and they don't cost as much.